E. & J. Gallo Winery Manager Reviews

Joe Gallo
  1. "My Time at Gallo"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time

Pros

Great company that treats you well!

Cons

You will be busy and always on, but that's sales!

June 10, 2020Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for your sharing your Gallo experience with us. Best of luck to you! Cheers!

2. "Great Company Culture & Rewarding Career"

Current Employee - Associate Brand Manager

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time

Pros

Culture, Work Type, Work-Life Balance

Cons

Promotion Criteria Transparency could be improved.

May 27, 2020Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review and for your feedback around clarifying the criteria around promotions. I will be forwarding this to our Marketing and HR leaders for visibility. Thanks for all you do!

3. "Gallo"

Current Employee - Key Account Manager

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time

Pros

Family Owned. Flexible Schedule. Great culture

Cons

Travel. Relocation required to advance

April 27, 2020Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. It made our day! Cheers!

4. "Family Owned Feels Like Home"

Current Employee - Software Engineering Manager in Modesto, CA

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Leadership is goals-focused and supports their organization. Housing prices nearby are more reasonable than the local Bay Area counties.

Cons

Upward mobility is rare. If you don’t have an influential champion as a direct manager, many have to move out of the company to move up in role or responsibility.

April 15, 2020Human Resources Leadership

Thank you for your feedback! We want to address your comments around upward mobility. The career advancement of our employees is important to us and we seek to fill open roles with internal talent whenever possible. Please reach out to your Manager and/or HR Manager to discuss your feedback in greater detail. Thanks for all you do!

5. "Emphasis on growth and development!"

Former Employee - Operations Manager

I worked at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time

Pros

- ability to grow through exploring new roles within organization - great company that prioritizes a culture of learning and growth - benefits and pay are more than comparable for the area

Cons

- area: it is still pricey to live in the Central Valley compared to other parts of the country. Everything is within two hours, but nothing is close

February 18, 2020Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for the feedback! We wish you the best of luck in the future. Cheers!

6. "Amazing company and fun industry, but not ideal location"

Former Employee - Brand Manager

I worked at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Company is family-owned and it is clear that they genuinely care about their employees. - Best-in-class training and education opportunities. - Forward-thinking marketing leaders, despite smaller budgets. - Strong leadership across multiple business units. It was invaluable have leaders with extensive experience & tenure. - Excellent benefits & perks.

Cons

- Headquarters in Modesto is not ideal and can make for a long commute. You can live affordably in Modesto, but there aren't a ton of jobs for a household with two full-time workers. - Promotion decisions were inconsistent. It can depend on work assignment and open roles, rather than merit.

February 11, 2020Human Resources Leadership

Thank you for sharing your experience! We appreciate your feedback and wish you the best of luck in the future. Cheers!

7. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Manager in Modesto, CA

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Strong ability to rotate across positions, even across functions in some areas of the company. Very nice Modesto campus. Lots of tenured employees provide great knowledge balanced by fresh perspectives recruited from the outside. Gallo does not stand still. And let's face it, the wine industry is just a lot of fun.

Cons

With all the opportunities, the past year has been unusually busy with lots going on.

December 23, 2019Human Resources Leadership

Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate all you do to make Gallo a great place to work. Happy Holidays!

8. "Good Company"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Highly competitive and results oriented. A lot of opportunity for advancement

Cons

Expectations are set very high

December 30, 2019Human Resources Leadership

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We appreciate all you do! Happy Holidays!

"Focus on Innovation and Growth"

Current Employee - Manager in Modesto, CA

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Company is really focused on innovation and industry growth. They are willing to take risks on new products and new ideas. - They really foster the family environment in which you try and make each other better and stronger. You will challenge and push people to succeed but also be there to help catch them if they fall. - Salary and Benefits are competitive and they offer some telecommute options and the East Bay bus as an added benefit.

Cons

- Work life balance can be tough with certain roles. People need to realize that in some parts of the organization its a 24-5 or 24-7 operations and you need to support. - Senior/Executive leaders seems distant in understanding some of the overall team sacrifices it took for the implementation of SAP.

December 5, 2019Human Resources Leadership

Thank you for your honest feedback as well as the 3+ years you have spent with Gallo. We want you to know that we understand and truly appreciate the time, sacrifice and effort it took to implement SAP. For further visibility, your review will be shared with our IT and HR leadership teams. Thanks again for all you do! Cheers! Pete Vitarisi Sr. Director, Human Resources

10. "Great traning/experience for first job out of college but needs to work on transparency"

Former Employee - District Sales Manager

I worked at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This company does a great job focusing on training their employees in sales, as well as, wine knowledge. You have to expect to work hard but you learn a lot. I had amazing co-workers, training and culture for my initial role out of college. Benifits are amazing compared to the market.

Cons

When you get into higher roles lack of transparencey from upper management leaves for unclear next steps and high turn over rates recently. Top level management expects people to follow blidly with no explination and is combative when anyone questions the process.

October 1, 2019Human Resources Leadership

Thank you for your honest and thoughtful feedback. We will be sharing your review with the Sales Leadership team. Best of luck to you!

Found 110 reviews