E. & J. Gallo Winery Reviews

Updated 5 Aug 2020

4.4
E. & J. Gallo Winery President and CEO Ernest Gallo (no image)
Ernest Gallo
  1. "Great people, great company"

Current Employee - Area Manager in Elizabeth, NJ

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great team environment, great leadership

Cons

Nothing worth mentioning on here

July 24, 2020Human Resources Leadership

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your Advice to Management and will be sharing it with our Sr. Sales Leaders. Cheers!

2. "Amazing Culture, Benefits and Opportunities for Development!"

Current Employee - Senior Brand Manager

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Gallo is a relationship-based organization, and the family is not only highly involved in the business, but truly cares about its employees. Everyone who works at Gallo is not only intelligent and capable, but personable as they understand things get done through engaging with others. The company also has great benefits, both healthcare and 401k related, as well as additional perks like the Company Wine Shop, and an All the Best program. I've worked at Gallo for 7+ years and envision myself here in the future, as Senior Leadership cares about developing talent and future leaders. Open job postings allow for transparency and for the best candidate to get the role, and remove bias. Gallo encourages rotations across and within functions as well. I have always felt supported in my career.

Cons

Being family owned, the one opportunity is to take a less conservative approach to investments or opportunities. However, the company does invest heavily in growth Brands.

July 24, 2020Human Resources Leadership

Thank you for your review, for your dedication, and for your 7+ years with Gallo. Cheers!

3. "Great company to grow a career!"

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

People, culture, innovative, opportunity to grow, great products

Cons

Constant change with not enough alignment across all areas of the organization

July 24, 2020Human Resources Leadership

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you!

4. "General Sales Manager"

Current Employee - GENERAL SALES MANAGER in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

People-first culture, innovative spirit, winning history, industry leader, career development, fast-paced

Cons

early hours to meet expectations

July 24, 2020Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for all of your hard work and dedication. It does not go unnoticed. Cheers to you!

5. "Gallo has the best company culture I've ever been apart of"

Current Employee - District Manager

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time

Pros

Working for Gallo has been nothing but a pleasure. This company has challenged me to grow as a professional in ways I never knew possible. The company culture pushed their employees to be innovative problem solvers in a fast paced environment. From top to bottom every employee is driven to be the best they can be everyday. If you are given the opportunity to work for this company in any capacity take on the challenge and never look back

Cons

Fast paced environment that pushes you

July 24, 2020Human Resources Leadership

Your review makes us smile. Thank you for all you do. Cheers to you!

6. "Excellent Culture and"

Current Employee - Associate Business Analyst in Modesto, CA

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. Friendly, but hardworking culture 2. Clear goals for individuals and the company 3. Strong efforts towards communication, even between different sections of the company 4. Quick responses to new conditions or emergencies 5. Approachable Leadership

Cons

1. Some resistance to accepting new technology or process changes 2. Sometimes it is difficult to understand and work towards goals if they do not impact your department or team. 3. Can take time to get used to regularly used terminology/abbreviations in the company and industry

July 24, 2020Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for your thoughtful feedback. We will be sharing it with our Sr. Leaders. Cheers!

7. COVID-19

"Proving In Tough Times That This Is Still the Best Place to Work"

Current Employee - Sales Recruiting Manager

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Aside from the fantastic people and the great product portfolio that usually stand out as great reasons to work for Gallo, the company's response to the COVID pandemic and the social injustices being brought to light right now across the country have been outstanding. Between donations and actions, it's hard not to be proud of working here. I've felt supported during the pandemic, and have seen innovative pivots across all departments that make me confident about our weathering of the storm.

Cons

Sometimes work/life balance can be a struggle, especially with everyone working from home.

July 24, 2020Human Resources Leadership

Thank you for your feedback. We know how challenging this past year has been and we want you to know how much we appreciate you. Keep up the great work!

8. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Sales Support Coordinator

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than a year

Pros

This family run company clearly prioritizes the needs and interests of its employees. That leads to happy employees who enjoy working hard toward a common goal and allows creativity to flow freely leading to innovation and growth. There is an emphasis on work/life balance and plenty of opportunity for growth when you achieve at a high level.

Cons

I can't think of one.

Thank you!

9. "Great company culture...even in the challenging times!"

Current Employee - Sales Training Manager

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Gallo is family owned and that culture transcends throughout every level of the organization. Additionally, throughout CV19 and BLM our leadership (led by family members) welcomed feedback, ideas, and embraced positive culture changes to make our company more inclusive/diverse while still focusing on results. The focus was on leading with EMPATHY, which will ultimately lead to increased sales. Also, I want to mention that Gallo takes care of their own and does what is right by employees. Last year we updated one of our systems which created a lag in product delivery. We missed some of our sales targets as a result, and the family stepped up and increased our bonuses. Overall, Gallo is a fantastic place to work and is full of competitive/driven people who bring the best out of each other. We. Are. Family.

Cons

At times the hours are long and travel can be challenging with family. One positive with this is that your schedule is flexible. I hope our company continues to create opportunities for people even outside of our biggest markets. We are all about family and many people would like to live closer to their own families when possible. I think our company is moving in a better direction here vs. years past.

July 24, 2020Human Resources Leadership

Thank you for your thoughtful review. We will be sharing your feedback with our Sr. Leaders. Thanks for all of your hard work and dedication over the past 10 years. It does not go unnoticed. Cheers!

10. "Blessed To Work @ Gallo"

Current Employee - Director, Supply Chain Planning in Fresno, CA

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Family Feel, Resources to Execute, Solid Recognition Program, Willing to Invest into Team Members Future & Business Processes for Growth and, We Make Wine & Spirits @ Work.

Cons

Be Prepared to be Challenged & Grow.

July 24, 2020Human Resources Leadership

Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate all you do to make Gallo such a special place to work. Cheers!

Found 919 reviews