E. & J. Gallo Winery Reviews

Updated 14 Sep 2020

4.4
E. & J. Gallo Winery President and CEO Ernest Gallo (no image)
Ernest Gallo
  1. COVID-19

"Proving In Tough Times That This Is Still the Best Place to Work"

Current Employee - Sales Recruiting Manager

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Aside from the fantastic people and the great product portfolio that usually stand out as great reasons to work for Gallo, the company's response to the COVID pandemic and the social injustices being brought to light right now across the country have been outstanding. Between donations and actions, it's hard not to be proud of working here. I've felt supported during the pandemic, and have seen innovative pivots across all departments that make me confident about our weathering of the storm.

Cons

Sometimes work/life balance can be a struggle, especially with everyone working from home.

Human Resources Leadership

Thank you for your feedback. We know how challenging this past year has been and we want you to know how much we appreciate you. Keep up the great work!

2. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Sales Support Coordinator

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than a year

Pros

This family run company clearly prioritizes the needs and interests of its employees. That leads to happy employees who enjoy working hard toward a common goal and allows creativity to flow freely leading to innovation and growth. There is an emphasis on work/life balance and plenty of opportunity for growth when you achieve at a high level.

Cons

I can't think of one.

Thank you!

3. "Great company culture...even in the challenging times!"

Current Employee - Sales Training Manager

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Gallo is family owned and that culture transcends throughout every level of the organization. Additionally, throughout CV19 and BLM our leadership (led by family members) welcomed feedback, ideas, and embraced positive culture changes to make our company more inclusive/diverse while still focusing on results. The focus was on leading with EMPATHY, which will ultimately lead to increased sales. Also, I want to mention that Gallo takes care of their own and does what is right by employees. Last year we updated one of our systems which created a lag in product delivery. We missed some of our sales targets as a result, and the family stepped up and increased our bonuses. Overall, Gallo is a fantastic place to work and is full of competitive/driven people who bring the best out of each other. We. Are. Family.

Cons

At times the hours are long and travel can be challenging with family. One positive with this is that your schedule is flexible. I hope our company continues to create opportunities for people even outside of our biggest markets. We are all about family and many people would like to live closer to their own families when possible. I think our company is moving in a better direction here vs. years past.

Human Resources Leadership

Thank you for your thoughtful review. We will be sharing your feedback with our Sr. Leaders. Thanks for all of your hard work and dedication over the past 10 years. It does not go unnoticed. Cheers!

4. "Blessed To Work @ Gallo"

Current Employee - Director, Supply Chain Planning in Fresno, CA

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Family Feel, Resources to Execute, Solid Recognition Program, Willing to Invest into Team Members Future & Business Processes for Growth and, We Make Wine & Spirits @ Work.

Cons

Be Prepared to be Challenged & Grow.

Human Resources Leadership

Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate all you do to make Gallo such a special place to work. Cheers!

5. "The best Company to work for"

Current Employee - Country Manager Benelux in Bristol, England

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The brands, products and people are all amazing. Having the pleasure of working for Gallo for 20 years my passion & enthusiasm remain at the highest level.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of any

Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your Advice to Management too. Cheers!

6. "World Class Employer"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Working for the best of the best!

Cons

Extremely high performance environment... which for many is a "pro"

Thank you! Cheers!

7. "Company is amazing- there's no place else I want to work for the rest of my life"

Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Feeling of Family and that the company truly cares about you as a person. Empathy and compassion is part of the core- treat everyone as you would want to be treated. Work/Life balance- flexibility is amazing

Cons

It's still a "good old boys club". Favoritism is played for available positions and promotions. Qualifications for positions only matter if they don't want you in that role, they are willing to break the minimum qualifiers for some but not all.

Human Resources Leadership

Thank you for your thoughtful and detailed feedback. We will be sharing it with our Sr. Sales Leaders. Cheers to you!

8. "On premise spirits specialist"

Current Employee - Spirits Specialist in Miami, FL

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

great quality of life, work life personal life balance, family oriented

Cons

Work a lot of late nights and weekends

Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for your feedback! We encourage you to partner with your Manager on creating more work-life balance. It is so important to a happy and healthy life. Cheers!

9. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Managing Director

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Family oriented, competitive environment to thrive in.

Cons

No cons at the Gallo Winery.

Thank you!!

10. "Great Benefits"

Current Employee - Lab Technician

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good pay, benefits, safe environment,

Cons

strict no professional reference policy

Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for your feedback. We will be sharing your Advice to Management with our Sr. Leaders. Cheers!

Found 933 reviews