E. & J. Gallo Winery Senior Manager Reviews

Updated 16 Jul 2019

E. & J. Gallo Winery Co-President and CEO Joe Gallo
Joe Gallo
  1. "Great Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Senior Sourcing Manager in Modesto, CA

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great company culture. You can tell that the Gallo family really cares about the employees. Invested in being a market leader. Get to work on exciting projects.

Cons

The location sometimes isn't ideal. But it has everything that you really need.

July 18, 2019Human Resources Leadership

Thank you for sharing your experience and for your 8+ years of hard work! It's employees like you that make Gallo a great place to work. Cheers!

2. "Best company to work for!"

Current Employee - Senior Finance Manager

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Friendly work environment, career advancement, good benefits, great top level leadership.

Cons

Corporate HQ city might not be great

May 22, 2019Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for your feedback and for your 3+ years at Gallo! We appreciate you!

"Great culture, enthusiasm, teamwork, and leadership"

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

People love working here and it shows and it also makes you want to enjoy the work you do. Thus there's a lot of pride in each person's contributions. Leadership is very accessible and supportive of you as a person. Pay is very objective, transparent, and fair. Promotions are merit based and allow for quick recognition.

Cons

Currently lots of movement with a new ERP system and the recently announced acquisition is leading to some temporary uncertainty. The parental paid leave policies are lagging. Only one week of company paid paternity leave currently.

May 17, 2019Human Resources Leadership

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate all you do to make Gallo a great place to work and want you to know we will continue to look for ways to support our employees i.e. through benefits like parental leave. Cheers!

4. "Cream of the Crop"

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Having been here for more than two years I can safely say that there is rarely a Department that doesn't feel their leadership is top notch. It is really amazing how much this organization cares about it's employees from the top down. The benefits offered here are comparable to the tech companies of the Bay Area. The 401k match is 3% with day one vesting, profit sharing available for Managers and the health benefit options are great and affordable. This truly is a great place to work.

Cons

I know the location is a con for several people. However, if you want to live in the Bay Area there are coach buses with Wifi that the company pays to have run to Modesto four days a week.

May 20, 2019Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! We especially appreciate your feedback around our benefits. Cheers to you!

5. "I love working for E&J Gallo Winery"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Excellent culture, fair pay, good training. Upward mobility. The company seems to really attempt to have a vision for the future.

Cons

Work/Live Balance is the only concern I have. They have made strides to make this better.

May 20, 2019Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate all you do. Cheers!

6. "Love my new career with Gallo"

Current Employee - Senior Finance Manager in Modesto, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Strong employee development culture. Highly committed to moving employees to new areas to provide a well rounded experience. Experienced employees do a great job of teaching newbies the wine industry and the Gallo way. - Progressive approach to alternative work arrangements - High performing and talented staff - Decisive leadership team - Good diversity at lower levels of the organization that is supported by the organization with funds and events to promote the value of that diversity and improving awareness of all employees - Discounts on wine at the wine shop and in industry tasting rooms - Fun industry to work in

Cons

- New DCB building is beautiful, but operations building is outdated and not as engaging to work in

May 19, 2019Human Resources Leadership

We appreciate your very thoughtful feedback! We will be sharing it with our Sr, Leadership team. Thanks for all you do!

7. "Great Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Plenty of support offered to help you grow your career,. The company offeres training through Gallo University courses, lateral move opportunities, departmental training, and mentoring programs

Cons

Work life balance can be a challenging at times

May 17, 2019Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for the review! We know work/life balance can be challenging during system implementations, etc. We value you and all of your hard work!

8. "Gallo is growing and I am growing with it!!!"

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Gallo provides the ability to learn and grow as the industry changes.

Cons

Wish there was more time in the day to research new industry trends.

May 17, 2019Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for the review and your 10+ years of service. We're so glad you continue to feel you are growing professionally. Cheers!

9. "Wonderful Company Culture!"

Current Employee - Senior Human Resources Manager in Modesto, CA

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Gallo Winery is truly a wonderful place to work. I have been with the organization for over 10 years now and couldn't imagine working for another company. During my tenure, I have had an opportunity to work on several impactful projects , including multiple lean initiatives to help drive efficiencies across our HR processes. The strong emphasis on family that is deep rooted in our culture has helped me manage my work life balance. I just returned from my second maternity leave, and I not only received support by my direct manager but other leaders in the HR organization to ensure that I had a smooth transition.

Cons

Organizational change can be difficult and require a lot of socialization and approvals.

October 11, 2018Human Resources Leadership

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. It's great to hear you feel supported in your career and in your personal life. We appreciate all of the hard work you've put in over the past 10+ years and want you to know, we value you. Cheers!

10. "Sr. Manager"

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great place to work. Relationship driven. People work hard, but they are rewarded.

Cons

Depending on what you do, career path can be limited.

October 5, 2018Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for your feedback and your 10+ years at Gallo!

Found 19 reviews