EBS Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Updated 15 Jul 2019

Found 145 reviews

3.5
Mark Stubits
Pros
  • "The support that I get through my HR reps and regional support is phenomenal(in 18 reviews)

• "Mentorship, support when you need it(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "I ended up having to work in a school district that’s over an hour away from my home because that was the best they could do(in 17 reviews)

• "Low pay, not 40 hours a week, no PTO(in 12 reviews)

1. "EBS review"

Former Employee - Speech Language Pathologist

I worked at EBS Healthcare full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have recently completed my clinical fellowship year with EBS and have had a wonderful experience! They provided me with a supervisor and career specialist to give me the support I needed as a new speech therapist. My career specialist Corey was always super professional and helpful when I had any questions or needed anything! EBS is a wonderful company to work for and very supportive!

Cons

Limited PTO days given

EBS Healthcare2019-07-15
  2. "Good contract company"

Former Employee - Clinical Fellow - Speech Language Pathology

I worked at EBS Healthcare full-time

Pros

Supportive clinical fellow supervisor Recruiter assigned to you check’s up frequently to make sure you are doing ok Resources available

Cons

Benefits were not that great Pay low No PTO or sick days

EBS Healthcare2019-06-28

"Not worth it"

Current Employee - Occupational Therapist

I have been working at EBS Healthcare full-time

Pros

The only “pro” is that they will pay for your AOTA membership.

Cons

I was docked $4 an hour in order to stay in my position/ location when this company “took over.” I also lost 10 days of PTO.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Pay rate should reflect their (employees) years of experience, not “since you are new to our company here is our starting rate.”

EBS Healthcare2019-06-15
    • "A company that cares..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Chester, PA

I have been working at EBS Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The mission of the company is to provide quality services to children with special needs all over the country and abroad. The president cares more than anyone about staying true to this mission. The people who work in HR also truly care about the kids and all somehow have a personal connection to the mission. It’s a great organization for someone who wants to make a difference in the lives of children and can feel confident...

Cons

EBS is growing fast, almost too fast, and there just aren’t enough people to handle the workload. Growing pains happen at a growing company.

Advice to Management

Keep valuing the employees and continue to allow them to take on more responsibility.”Management” works alongside the rest of HR and should continue to do so. That will help EBS stay true to its mission and prevent the organization from becoming another staffing company.

EBS Healthcare2019-04-07

"Very Professional and Great Work Environment !"

Current Employee - Department in Perth Amboy, NJ

I have been working at EBS Healthcare part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have been working with EBS since I graduated grad school and have nothing but great things to say about them ! They are very professional, my supervisor is always a call away, and the HR dept is extremely helpful. I have no complaints ! They offer continuing education benefits, caring for their employees, and flexible to work with. I am very happy to work for them and love what I do everyday.

Cons

No pay during school

EBS Healthcare2019-03-22
      • "New to Teletherapy, supportive and correct Employer"

Current Employee - SLP in Seattle, WA

I have been working at EBS Healthcare full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I have worked for EBS off and on for more then 8 years. The flexibility and willingness to work with my changing situations has been outstanding. I am currently working for EBS Healthcare in a teletherapy opportunity for a large district that employs contractors from other companies. As always when speaking with other therapists from different agencies I feel very fortunate to be working with EBS, they are providing their...

Cons

As with all companies (and some districts) time sheets can be cumbersome.

EBS Healthcare2019-03-28

"Predatory"

Current Employee - SLP in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at EBS Healthcare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Has a team of great salespeople. Strong, cheerful, enthusiastic sellers.

Cons

Upon your initial phone call, they will describe to you how wonderful EBS is and why it's the best place to work. That they will try hard to make you the most money possible. That they truly care for all their employees. Perks like paying for relocation assistance, or helping your get another license in other states. It's all utter bull. Smoke and mirrors. What they are really trying to do is to see how low they can get...

Advice to Management

If your company really was founded by speech pathologists, you have long lost your ways.

EBS Healthcare2019-04-25

"Good mission; Poorly managed"

Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at EBS Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Aside from HQ management, the internal and external employees at EBS genuinely pursue the stated mission of the company. Employee retention is purely because of the bond coworkers build with each other.

Cons

Lies. Deceit. No room for professional advancement. Ultimatums far too common. Nepotism. Management is far too concerned with short term, bottom line, quick fixes.

Advice to Management

If you are going to continue writing your own company reviews, try to at least make them sound a little less like your pitch to the candidates you are trying to hire.

EBS Healthcare2019-03-29

"SLP-CF"

Current Employee - SLP in Honolulu, HI

I have been working at EBS Healthcare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great company if you are young and wanting to travel w/ reimbursements. Relocating gets you a great stipend package that factors into hourly pay.

Cons

No health benefits or paid time off - not paid holidays that kids have off

EBS Healthcare2019-03-05

"Making a Difference"

I have been working at EBS Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

EBS lives up to their slogan. I've worked at many companies, and have enjoyed the start of my career at EBS. We have a diverse background in partnering with school districts, Early Intervention services, Children's Research Clinics, opening a flower shop for vocational programs, and the list goes on. I love the people I work with, and knowing the difference in children's lives that we make everyday.

Cons

There are so many ways to get involved in the company that it's tough to decide what you'd like to do!

EBS Healthcare2019-02-27