EPCOR Reviews

Updated 18 Jun 2020

3.6
EPCOR President and CEO Stuart Lee
Stuart Lee
Pros
  • "Good pay and benefits that start on your first day as a permanent employee - no waiting period(in 15 reviews)

• "Good benefits and work/life balance(in 12 reviews)

1. "Good Pay"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Edmonton, AB

I worked at EPCOR full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

EPCOR pays a lot since it's a union. Everyone at the company is nice and respectful. There are opportunities to move around, and they even have job rotations so you can try out different positions within the call center.

Cons

dealing with customers on the phone all day which gets very tiring.

June 18, 2020Talent Acquisition

Thanks for taking the time to post a review! Your perspective is appreciated, and we value the contributions you made to Team EPCOR! We wish you well and all the best with your future endeavors.

2. "Depends on your priorities"

Former Employee - Water Treatment Plant Operator in Edmonton, AB

I worked at EPCOR full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great pay and job security,

Cons

Dysfunctional environment and relationship operations and engineers/management. Lots of micromanaging from engineers, long night shifts.

July 6, 2020Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience at EPCOR. We’re disappointed to hear that you had a negative experience and are taking your comments seriously. We strive to make EPCOR a great place to work where employees feel safe, where their contributions are valued and where they can grow in their careers.

3. "Anonymous Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Edmonton, AB

I have been working at EPCOR full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Stable company with ok pay and benefits

Cons

certain teams need to be more people oriented

July 6, 2020Talent Acquisition

Thanks for taking the time to post a review! Your perspective is appreciated, and we value your contributions to Team EPCOR!

4. "Amazing company to work for."

Current Employee - Journeyman Power Systems Electrician in Edmonton, AB

I have been working at EPCOR full-time

Pros

Really good pay and benefits package.

Cons

Heavy middle management results in some micromanagement.

May 6, 2020Talent Acquisition

We really appreciate your comments! Your perspective is appreciated, and we value your contributions to Team EPCOR!

5. "Excellent place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB

I have been working at EPCOR full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good pay and benefits that start on your first day as a permanent employee - no waiting period. An inclusive atmosphere where all ideas and suggestions are valued. Health and Safety culture that has the same expectation of a safe work environment regardless of where you work, whether you are in an office setting, or performing highly dangerous work and everyone is held to the same standard.

Cons

Sometimes slow to adopt newer ways of thinking and technologies.

April 16, 2020Talent Acquisition

6. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Advisor in Edmonton, AB

I have been working at EPCOR full-time for more than a year

Pros

EPCOR provides great benefits, supports professional development and career growth, and has a strong safety culture.

Cons

The cost of parking downtown.

April 9, 2020Talent Acquisition

Thanks for taking the time to post a review. It’s great to hear that you’re happy with the benefit packages and supports for professional development and career growth opportunities. Your perspective is appreciated, and we value your contributions to Team EPCOR!

7. "Top heavy management"

Former Employee - Worker in Edmonton, AB

I worked at EPCOR full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good benefits, decent pay, some good leadership

Cons

Very top heavy in management. Incompetent people move up the ladder not based on skill but who they know and willingness to kick collègues down to advance.

April 16, 2020Talent Acquisition

8. "Great experience, caring employees."

Current Employee - Talent Management Consultant

I have been working at EPCOR full-time for more than a year

Pros

Dedicated employees, open-minded, approachable leadership, culture of safety, great benefits, community and customer-focused

Cons

Some leaders could model life/work balance better

April 16, 2020Talent Acquisition

9. "This is why our bill is so high"

Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at EPCOR full-time for more than a year

Pros

good compensation, great benefits, modern office spaces

Cons

There is way too much time, money and opportunity wasted to be efficient. People with ideas are told to stay in their lane. Upper management acts like royalty. This is why our bills are so high every month for utilities: Nepotism is rampant, especially with senior management and their friends and family members. So often, it's not the best person for the job, it's the best friend. If you're not connected, your hard work will go unnoticed. Bullying is not dealt with impartially and those that do speak up are labelled as a "troublemaker". If you question a Manager you might as well kiss any career growth goodbye. If they would just trim the fat in management, this company could be so much more efficient and effective for the community.

April 9, 2020Talent Acquisition

10. "Finally, a Genuine Team Environment"

Current Employee - Technical Trainer in Edmonton, AB

I have been working at EPCOR full-time for more than a year

Pros

Bicycle infrastructure at all sites Working with like-minded people with a common vision and goal Great pay Great benefits

Cons

Some managers are not leaders and are unaware of the differences

April 16, 2020Talent Acquisition

We really appreciate your comments! It’s great to hear that you enjoy working with a team that shares a common vision and goal. Your perspective is appreciated, and we value your contributions to Team EPCOR!

Found 122 reviews