Find jobs for High School Teacher

1. "Teacher"

5.0
    Current Employee - High School Teacher

I have been working at Edmonton Public Schools full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Stable, supportive, Posible for Advancement

Cons

Class Sizes have increased creating more stress

2. "Can't beleive I'm saying this, but "If ony they ran it like a business""

2.0
    High School Teacher in Edmonton, AB

I worked at Edmonton Public Schools

Pros

Being a teacher has a lot of the perks people associate with it: holidays, good pay, good benefits. Edmonton Public, like most employers in public education met at least this standard.

Cons

Before I begin, perhaps I should say that problems like the ones I'll describe are endemic to teaching to a certain extent - a focus on "accountability" but only for the staff, never for the management; a massaging of data when it comes to "success rates," and a tendancy (in traditional schools, anyway) to do it liek it's always been done. If that works for soem stduetns great. The rest are left to their own devices, with predictable results. Giving the toughest assignments to the greenest professionals is not something we do to doctors, engineers, etc. But we do it with kids. Edmonton Public, like any institution, has the option of charting a different path, joining the present, and finding leaders that can do what's required.

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 2 reviews