Ellie Mae Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

4.5
Ellie Mae President and CEO Jonathan H. Corr
Jonathan H. Corr

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The main pro for me is a true work/life balance" (in 27 reviews)

• "Leader in the industry, great people, execs that live the values they espouse, free ice-cream, fun & supportive work environment" (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work/life balance is a challenge but it is achievable if you learn to manage your time in an effective way" (in 13 reviews)

• "Though we are growing rapidly there are still a few growing pains we're working through" (in 24 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Company with a Big Heart"

Current Employee - Applications Trainer in Pleasanton, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Applications Trainer in Pleasanton, CA (US)

I have been working at Ellie Mae full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There a strong sense of community in this company. The senior management makes a point of being engaged with all employees; Ellie Mae makes giving back to the community part of being an employee; everyone is helpful to new comers.
    My direct management has been very supportive of my ramping up work and with training to become knowledgeable in the industry and become a better trainer.
    Ellie Mae is, by far, the most diverse technology company that I have worked with (and I've worked with a few). And diverse at all levels.
    Ellie Mae is the market leader and has devised a "shared success" strategy for its customers. When Ellie Mae customers make more money, Ellie Mae makes more money. So customers are very satisfied with Ellie Mae.

Cons

Ellie Mae is growing fast (which is good). But with that growth in size, old processes that worked with a company of 500 are being strained with a company of 1500.

Advice to Management

We are growing fast. Make sure we've got the internal processes and infrastructure to handle all our new employees smoothly.

Ellie Mae Response

13 Jun 2018 – EVP, Human Resources

Thanks for calling out our diversity, this really confirms we consider all viewpoints and have a culture of belonging. Appreciate the feedback!

2. "Fantastic culture great company to work for!"

I have been working at Ellie Mae full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Founder & Executive Chairman Sig Anderman graces every new hire orientation with his presence and nuggets of wisdom, one of his mantras is "to make every community we are in better" each employee gets 1 day per quarter with pay to do volunteer work. Ellie recently sponsored a Diversity and Inclusion seminar for all employees, as a Woman of Color in Fin-Tech I applaud Leadership for seeking ways to improve and took action. Great benefits that start on day 1 no probationary period, reimbursement for any courses and or training, weight watchers included, very blessed to be an Ellie Mae'r :)

Cons

Can't think of any cons.

Advice to Management

Our growth is rapid, just make sure we are optimizing current employees to the fullest before hiring outside talent

3. "Love working at Ellie Mae"

Current Employee - Staff Engineer in Pleasanton, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Staff Engineer in Pleasanton, CA (US)

I have been working at Ellie Mae full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very transparent and personable management. Nice working culture and people. Good opportunities for growth and good work life balance.

Cons

Not much I can think of. I am someone who focuses on the positive and not dwell on the negative.

Advice to Management

Continue to take good care of employees.

Ellie Mae Response

8 Jan 2019 – EVP, Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback!

4. "Love working for Ellie Mae"

I have been working at Ellie Mae full-time

Pros

Ellie Mae is a great place to work. They really care about their employees, have good benefits and great perks.

Cons

Job requires a lot of traveling.

5. "Ellie Mae Review"

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Pleasanton, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Pleasanton, CA (US)

I have been working at Ellie Mae full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Ellie Mae has an extensive list of benefits and employee programs that make it a great place to work. They are innovative and always looking to improve.

Cons

Middle management does not seem to have the oversight from senior management that it should to ensure good decision making for various departments.

Advice to Management

Ellie Mae no longer values their long term employees who given blood, sweat and tears toward helping to build the company. Less experienced, lower paid employees are getting the jobs that the more experienced employees had - a short sighted move.

"Thank goodness it's Monday!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA (US)

I have been working at Ellie Mae full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Complex industry means complex work...never boring!
    Collaborative team environment
    Executives are easily accessible and really listen
    Open to new ideas and challenging the status quo

Cons

Acronym hell!
    Shifting priorities can be concerning

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees and making changes as necessary. Share not only the good news, but the tough news with us as well so we can help to come up with solutions.

7. "Opportunities in a shifting market"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Pleasanton, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Pleasanton, CA (US)

I have been working at Ellie Mae full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

EllieMae is in many ways the hub of a major industry with almost 40% market share in US mortgage originations and therefore offers opportunities to make a real impact on lives as a Product Manager.

Cons

The company is transitioning from rapid growth phase to a more stable player, and the stock price is starting to reflect the transition. No fault of their own but the housing market is hitting a rough patch which has also hit the stock price hard.

Advice to Management

Continue to add experienced managers that have experience with the effort and cost associated with digital transformations.

8. "Senior UI Engineer"

Current Employee - Senior UI Engineer in Pleasanton, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior UI Engineer in Pleasanton, CA (US)

I have been working at Ellie Mae full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good work life balance
    Smart team member

Cons

no free beverages, few snacks.

9. "Strategic Relationship Manager"

Current Employee - Strategic Relationship Manager in Jacksonville, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Strategic Relationship Manager in Jacksonville, FL (US)

I have been working at Ellie Mae full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture! The company cares about it's employees.

Cons

There is plenty of work to be done. I wish we delivered products quicker to market.

10. "Truly a "Best Place to Work""

I have been working at Ellie Mae full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Going on two years with Ellie Mae, and still feeling that 'Day 1' excitement! I'm very fortunate to have great leadership within my department, and a strong team of achievers to back up our deliverables. The People Team is working to create more data driven decisions for the company as a whole, while keeping the heart and culture of the company at top of mind. Great accessibility to training, as well as learning and development opportunities. Strong employee value proposition, with a culture that values philanthropy/community involvement. Ellie Mae is a gem of a company, that I am proud to be a part of.

Cons

The company is well-established, and has been growing rapidly in recent years. At times we are, metaphorically speaking, fueling the plane while in flight. Good thing we hire great talent!