Ellucian Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Found 582 reviews

3.6
Ellucian CEO Laura Ipsen
Laura Ipsen

"Great place to work for work/life balance!"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Ellucian full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Ellucian is a great place to work because the culture is one of empowering employees to do their best and go beyond their expectations. The ability to manage the schedule of a busy family with a rewarding career is priceless. The executive team and people leaders at Ellucian understand that employees are committed to their work as well as their family. There are opportunities for everyone to grow and learn.

Cons

Ellucian is a good size company (just over 3000 employees). It can be easy to get lost in the shuffle.

Ellucian2019-04-23

"Best employer I have worked for."

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Ellucian full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have been employed by Ellucian for 20 years in three different organizations, so I have a broad perspective. Over the years I have experienced many of the pros and cons other reviewers have mentioned. To be fair, I have worked at several other companies, large and small, and Ellucian is still the best employer I have worked for. The benefits and pay are at least comparable to, if not better than, other companies....

Cons

Sometimes the workload is heavy, but it is not constant. There is not a consistent experience across organizations. I have found that the Technology Management/Managed Services organization seems to be somewhat disconnected from the rest of the company because those employees are located at a customer site, and it is difficult to feel connected to the company when university management is front and center.

Advice to Management

Invest in improving the quality and features of your existing products. This will help keep customers happy with their decision to invest in us. And invest in your people – turnover costs you more than you think.

Ellucian2019-04-17

"A Lot of Opportunity!"

Current Employee - Solutions Consultant

I have been working at Ellucian full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The Product Management team knows Higher Education and continues to produce solutions that are flexible, but solve real world problems. Almost everyone at the company is focused on helping institutions, and in turn students, succeed. There is a positive vibe across the entire organization because of the momentum the company sustains. Product knowledge inside a global organization allows you to take your career in different...

Cons

The volume of work can make keeping a healthy work-life balance in place. Too much time on the road also makes staying in good health tough.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, but maybe with a few more people.

Ellucian2019-04-15
  4. "Great Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Senior Solutions Consultant in Reston, VA

I have been working at Ellucian full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Pace of Innovation; Solely Focused on Higher Education; Supports a health work/life balance for employees; Supports employees gaining new skillsets and exploring new positions within the company.

Cons

Cannot think of any cons at the moment.

Advice to Management

Kaizen is a Japanese business philosophy of continuous improvement of working practices, personal efficiency, etc. We can continue to lead the marketplace by keeping this concept at the forefront. Overall, I love working for Ellucian!!

"It's just "ok"."

Current Employee - Principal Functional Consultant in Reston, VA

I have been working at Ellucian full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

It's great to be able to work from home.

Cons

Management turnover is worse than a fast food chain.

Ellucian2019-04-19

"Call Center"

Former Employee - Desktop Support Technician in Lake Mary, FL

I worked at Ellucian full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very good training and knowledge base

Cons

Employees are treated as their expendable

Ellucian2019-04-12

"A challenging and rewarding position leading a team to make an impact in Higher Education"

Former Employee - Senior Director Inside Sales in Reston, VA

I worked at Ellucian full-time

Pros

Growth and visible impact in the team, community, and industry

Cons

Cutthroat approach to leadership. Lack of recognition and share of mission and vision of the organization.

Advice to Management

Live your values

Ellucian2019-04-07

"No good process and US counterparts are worst"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Ellucian full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You can work here for free cabs

Cons

Leadership team is worst this company will never grow it will remain mid size company.

Ellucian2019-05-02

"Paying for health insurance that will not pay doctors"

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Reston, VA

I have been working at Ellucian full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

You do not have to work hard. Keep your head down and you can skate through.

Cons

Health insurance is confusing. Doctors do not know how to deal with it. It uses the Aetna providers, but Meritain handles the processing. Except Meritain will reject claims the first time for any family members. And they reject MRI and other tests. There is a group to help called MyQHealth, but they give incorrect information. There is no appearance that anyone is being held accountable for this mess.

Advice to Management

Hold HR accountable. Do not let them make excuses for providing terrible health insurance. You are adding stress and wasting your employees time. This is offsetting the great life/work balance. Fire anyone who contributed to the decision to go with Meritain who will not support your employees.

Ellucian2019-04-24

"Awful place to work, gives me nightmares remembering it"

I worked at Ellucian full-time for more than a year

Pros

MAY get to work remote for a while but the stress of the place is enough to drive anyone crazy - DBA's, systems people, developers, security folks, project leads for the schools, etc.

Cons

Not a great company, managers are backbiting and the way they pit people against one another brings out the worst in some of the psychopaths you will be working with. They reward their most loyal and hardworking people by getting rid of them by doing constant reorgs which means there is constant clulelessness and loss of tribal knowledge. Many, many good people have come and gone (some worked a short time and quit from...

Advice to Management

not sure who Laura somebody is -- not the 'leader' that was there when I was there, but they were too busy keeping CEO's away, apparently no one wanted to take the wheel because it's so bad. Good luck with your 'leadership'.

Found 582 reviews