Ellucian Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Found 582 reviews

3.6
Ellucian CEO Laura Ipsen
Laura Ipsen
  1. "Great place, great people, grate life."

Current Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in Mérida, Yucatán

I have been working at Ellucian part-time for more than a year

Pros

Ellucian provide you with all the resources and support you need you need to perform your job, the people is always willing to help you, you have a carrier path to grow up professionally, and you have the time for you personal goals, your personal time is very important and respected.

Cons

No cons so far, I happy to work on this company.

Advice to Management

Keep the good job leading the company.

Ellucian2019-02-07
  2. "Team spirit, Great products, Cutting edge technology, Awesome President"

Current Employee - Business Development Associate in Reston, VA

I have been working at Ellucian full-time for less than a year

Pros

Love it here. Fun environment and room to grow your career.

Cons

My favorite stores are too close.

Advice to Management

Spiffs for all

Ellucian2019-02-07

"Great culture and enjoyable place to work"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Reston, VA

I have been working at Ellucian full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture with terrific people who support and seem to genuinely care about each another. I have not worked at a company where people are so willing to help each other. The mission of supporting higher education is personally gratifying and people have conviction in the good of what customers are doing which helps breed this culture. The company does a good job of supporting employees and creating an environment that...

Cons

The industry (higher education) as a whole can tend to be late adopters, so the technology is not always on the cutting edge, although it is impactful. Because the industry is changing, Ellucian is having to adapt too, which sometimes leads to turnover of good people who have been at the company for a while. But it’s the right thing to do and management is doing well in managing through changes.

Advice to Management

Keep on the path – new management that has been brought in the past couple of year have been good additions. Now is the time to let consistency take hold so the company can stay focused a clear direction and execute.

Ellucian2019-01-31
  4. "Working at Ellucian"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant

I have been working at Ellucian full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits are incredible, it really makes you connect with the company, and give them a full loyalty, working hard is really simple when you feel your work is appreciated by colleges and leaders

Cons

Job schedule should be more flexible, other than that i do no find anything else wrong

"100% Recommend!"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Reston, VA

I have been working at Ellucian full-time for less than a year

Pros

Short version: -Everyone is friendly & helpful and there is a great team mindset -the office is BEAUTIFUL. It is bright, modern, and has a ton of rooms along the perimeter that anyone can use at any time, whether it is for a video conference, phone call, or just to take a breather. -there is often free food -Benefits are awesome. My favorite would have to be the tuition reimbursement for courses taken while...

Cons

I haven't run into any downsides yet. So far so good.

Ellucian2019-01-30

"Made the right choice"

Current Employee - Customer Success in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at Ellucian full-time for less than a year

Pros

The culture is great and the team I am on is leading the way when it comes to positioning Eullcian in the marketplace. We offer great products that solve many of the issues higher ed faces today. It is great working for a company that is making a difference and helping make for a great student experience.

Cons

A lot of remote workers. We have a big office and only a few teams seem to come in daily. Some of the more tenured folks tend to fight change rather than embarrassing it.

Advice to Management

Stay the course, we have been waiting for these changes. The outlook is good as we move into 2019.

Ellucian2019-01-30
  7. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Associate Translator in Cholula, Puebla

I have been working at Ellucian full-time for less than a year

Pros

The Benefits are a big pro, not only do you get a competitive salary but all the extras that a company that cares about their people should have (dental, medical, parental leave). The working schedule is very flexible and allows for a good work-life balance. It depends on who you work with and for, but in general, teams are well-balanced, and interested in shared growth, always trying to help anyone who needs it. Management...

Cons

Remote work is common to all employees, which is of great help when our personal life requires it, but it can create some communication problems, even though we have plenty of tools to help us work from home, sometimes it is just better to do things in person.

8. "Recommended"

Current Employee - QA Analyst in Ciudad de México

I have been working at Ellucian full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company is good, the work-life balance is acceptable. In addition the benifits are very good and there is a lot flexibility (work remotly when needed). Most of my collegue are very supportive and helpful.

Cons

I haven't experienced any cons to working here from my side but there are a lot of management changes which sometimes are not good (mostly in other locations). Leadership seems to be good but sometimes there is a lack of communication and planning.

Ellucian2019-02-06
  9. "good company to work"

I have been working at Ellucian full-time

Pros

work life balance, flexible timings.

Cons

I do not see any cons

Ellucian2019-02-06
  10. "Bright future, great new leadership"

Current Employee - Project Director in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Ellucian full-time for more than a year

Pros

With the most recent changes in Sr Executive leadership, Ellucian clearly paved the way for a bright future. Top down Ellucian is a very supportive organization and with the current growth, there plenty of opportunities to move up, or expand on your current role by presenting new ideas to your leadership.

Cons

Fast growth often creates redundancies across certain roles, an overhaul of customer facing roles and responsibilities would reset this.

Advice to Management

Fast growth often creates redundancies across certain roles, an overhaul of customer facing roles and responsibilities would reset this, and also create new efficiencies, as well as a clearer path for our customers when it comes down to interacting with Ellucian

Ellucian2019-02-05