Ellucian Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Ellucian CEO Laura Ipsen
Laura Ipsen

"Horrible - BEWARE"

I worked at Ellucian full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Immediate vesting on 401k- that is all

Cons

Lack of appreciation and support, no opportunities to grow and learn. Lack of integrity by superiors. Lack of trust and respect. Be prepared to be micromanaged! A lot of folks are quitting for good reason or being let go more frequently (RIF) and being replaced by younger, cheaper, inexperienced workers. Remote workers are being phased out in order to utilize trendy “me too” office space. No work/life balance. Be... prepared to receive emails late at night, on weekends and while on vacation.

Advice to Management

(HR) Don’t ask employees to give Glassdoor reviews just to boost ratings. This does not paint a clear picture of Ellucian culture and environment. Employees should want to provide feedback on their own.

Ellucian2019-09-02

"good company, technical debt, many many complex products"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Fairfield, VA

I have been working at Ellucian full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

great team work, flexible working schedule

Cons

products rushed out the door

Advice to Management

make the product rock solid

Ellucian2019-07-08

"Software Development Manager"

Former Employee - Technical Lead in Bangalore

I worked at Ellucian full-time

Pros

Products on cloud platform. Good exposure to Technology. Scope to upgrade skills and access to learning platforms. Flexible work hours

Cons

1. Frequent changes in senior level leadership disrupting the momentum and changes in priorities and decision making. 2. Some of the policies like WFH etc. are not clear and is misused by people. 3. Invested lot of $$ in build next generation products and is finding hard for customer adoption and sales. 4. Not much of trust between the middle level management at Global level.

Ellucian2019-07-16

"Facade Vs Reality-Stay away"

Former Employee - Anonynous

I worked at Ellucian full-time for more than a year

Pros

Just few leftovers and monthly ice cream bonus.

Cons

Private small size company- will stay that way. Too frequent reports. Non Managers- no bonuses Professional Nepotism Shipping job overseas. Employees are pitted against each other by low IQ managers. HR turns deaf ears to the employee grievances Poor Health Insurance. Constant changing of Managers and constant adaptation to manager’s tantrums. Cloud Cloud Cloud- but products are 18th century. Customers... don’t get buy in with just a glossy work setting and that too is 75 percent empty desks most of the time.

Advice to Management

Start treating non-manager employees at par with Managers and above. And just don’t make fool of them with monthly ice cream bonanzas.

Ellucian2019-08-07

"Phone technician"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Ellucian full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free Mountain Dew....yep, that’s it.

Cons

Where to begin 1. You are constantly being told that you are a contractor and you ARE NOT an employee of the company 2. 30 hours per week, that’s it 3. No lunch: one 10 min break 4. Training is a complete joke; you are thrown into the floor without knowing the process, why is that? 5. “ we don’t believe in shadowing”- well, that’s stupid I walked out on my first day on the floor: I asked for help because I was so... lost, however they had ONE person to assist us newbies, and NO ONE was listening to the class to see if we were sinking or swimming- you can bet we were sinking. Thanks for the Mountain Dew and coffee: you can keep the job

Advice to Management

BETTER TRAINING PROGRAM AND “HIRE” EMPLOYEES instead of just hiring contractors- the normal person in the year 2019 cannot survive on 13.00 hr, 30 hours a week/ it’s a complete joke

Ellucian2019-08-06
  6. "Nice work culture"

I have been working at Ellucian full-time

Pros

Work culture Timings Collaboration with different teams across the globe Good people around Flexibility

Cons

Nothing much in particular to say

Ellucian2019-07-02

"Project Manager quite possibly the worst job in the entire company"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at Ellucian full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay among the highest of project management professionals; remote work environment,

Cons

pressure to rack up billable hours; fully accountable for an unmanageable amount of projects; continued lip service about work life balance;

Advice to Management

Stop thinking in terms of billable hours for a project manager. Go to fixed price for the project management--we almost NEVER went under budget on project management and it was so difficult to go back to the client and ask for more -- usually do to Ellucian's mismanagement, underselling, software issues, constant turnover

Ellucian2019-06-26

"Great place to start your career"

I worked at Ellucian full-time for more than a year

Pros

- No micromanaging - Decent benefits for beginners

Cons

- Management talks a lot about cloud being the future. But employees supporting traditional solutions are not given enough information.

Ellucian2019-05-31

"Application Security Engineer"

Current Employee - Applications Security Engineer in Bangalore

I have been working at Ellucian full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Awesome place to work and learn about DevSecOps. - Highly skilled/technical co-workers in Dev and QA streams. - Clear road map for all product development - Strong leadership and management team - Great work life balance with work from home options available.

Cons

- Annual company hikes can be improved

Ellucian2019-06-01

"Solid Company in a Highly Volatile Industry"

Current Employee - Chief Information Officer

I have been working at Ellucian full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good management and very talented colleagues Everyone seems to really care about the higher education industry

Cons

Somewhat disconnected from HQ in these roles Higher education going through a lot of turmoil right now

Advice to Management

Focus on executing the company's cloud strategy Make sure benefits snafus get fixed immediately by vendors

Ellucian2019-05-30