3M - Boa família | Glassdoor.com.au
  1. "Boa família"

Estagiário in Itapetininga

I have been working at 3M

Pros

Bom clima organizacional. As pessoas te ajudam, se sente como uma familia mesmo. Aprende muito dependendo da area em que trabalhar. A pressao não é tao alta

Cons

Não da tanta importancia para o estagiario. Organizaçao muito hierarquica. Trabalhos operacionais sempre sao deixados pro estagiario, a carreira se torna muito especifica

Advice to Management

Investir mais em treinamentos pra estagiarios, deveriam ser futuro da empresa

3M2016-11-04

"Great Experience and Company"

Former Employee - Supply Chain Analyst

I worked at 3M full-time for more than a year

Pros

I absolutely loved working for 3M. There is this pride that I would say most employees have working for them because it is such a good company and you get to work on some really cool products that are used every day all over the world. In my personal experience, I always knew my management team had my back and they were excellent coaches and mentors, which can be hard to come by. I was able to work autonomously and... create projects I wanted to work on and It was easy to get the resources you needed whether it was in the plant, through sister plants, or though their intracompany website (which is the only company I’ve worked for that I would say had a useful one). In my plant, the systems rarely made intuitive sense, but they worked and we did quite well as far as OTIF and Customer Service levels were concerned, so you could only make things better and more efficient, which is a great position to be in. Lastly, my coworkers were just down to earth. While you always will have the negative folks in any workplace, most people I worked with knew what their goals were and just wanted to achieve them with as little mellow drama as possible and get paid (which 3M also does well).

Cons

3M is a baby boomer dressed in millennial's clothing. On the outside they seem really hip and trendy, but you soon learn the inner workings of the company are still that of a behemoth Fortune 500 company; change is hard to push and there is a lot of red tape to get some things approved. My main complaint would be the lack of vacation days provided from the start. I've worked for a lot of different multinational... corporations; the ones that are competitive for great employees give at least 3 weeks’ vacation to start with. But, I actually had to give up a week of my vacation time when I joined 3M as they would not negotiate this outdated norm that new employees should only have 2 weeks to start with. This was actually one of my main reasons for leaving the company, as I live across the country from where my family is and I did not get to see them as much as I had before because travel times were just too long to get back home within a 2-3 day weekend. I worked for 3M for over 2 years, and I would have had to wait another 2 just to get that 3rd week. I did get a month of sick days, but I was not allowed to use them for medical appointments, which in 2019 I happened to have a lot of. So, I had to use my vacation time for these. The one time I got to go home in 2019 was for my grandmother's funeral, and I had to beg for 2 days of bereavement leave instead of the allowed 1 to compensate for the travel. I’m not looking for sympathy, I just find it perplexing that a company that says it is as socially responsible as they say they are has not kept up with the times on this policy. I left for a similar sized, well respected company that gave me 3 weeks right off the bat with an additional week of flex holidays. If it weren’t for this con, I would have loved to stay with 3M.

Advice to Management

Please, get rid of this old school notion that new employees are undeserving of paid time off.

3M2019-12-04

"Baby Boomer Dressed in Millennial Clothing is Spot-on"

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Maplewood, MN

I have been working at 3M full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

3M is doing a lot of things right. You are free to share ideas, collaboration is encouraged, and people are always there to help you when they can. The benefits and compensation are amazing, and I highly respect their social and environmental responsibility.

Cons

I agree with the previous review. 3M seems with the times, but they very much are not. Once you scratch the surface, this is very evident. For newer employees that come in mid career, the remote or flexible arrangement is the most appealing. It is highlighted during orientation and articles appear on the internal news, but I have yet to see it as it has not trickled down. Your Manager has full control, and HR is... non-existent. I have a long commute, only to sit in a seat all day (with distractions), while doing independent work with other 3M locations. The stress, money and time away from my kids is not needed. We are highly educated and talented professionals that are treated like it’s our first job out of college. I have seen Managers towards the end of their careers walking around to make sure you’re in your seat. Now days, this is strange.

Advice to Management

3M is doing a lot of great things, but I don’t want to see anymore talented professionals leave because 3M is not modernizing and executing policies fast enough to meet the times.

3M2019-12-05

Discover more reviews about 3M.