1. "Fantastic Company"

Former Employee - Deputy Store Manager in Sydney

I worked at ALDI part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible company, would always accomodate changing schedules and limited roster workers. Excess of opportunity to move into management position within stores.

Cons

Upper management (out of stores) are a bit out of touch with the daily requirements in store. Some stores would struggle to deliver what management required despite best efforts, as staffing budget is highly constrained.

Continue reading
  1. "Great Company, Great Benefits - Routines/Practices Don't Keep Up With Company Growth"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Elk Grove Village, IL

I worked at ALDI full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent Pay, Excellent Benefits, Excellent PTO, Flexible Schedule, Team Oriented, Fast Paced

Cons

Efficiency Standards do not keep up with company growth - Demand For Store Managers can be too much at times

Continue reading

"Not for the faint of heart but being able to keep up in this demanding, fast paced retail environment has it's perks."

Former Employee - Store Manager Trainee in Sugar Land, TX

I worked at ALDI full-time for less than a year

Pros

+ industry leading wages Associates - $12/hr, Shift Mgr - $16/hr, SMT - $23/hr, Store Manager - $75,000+/yr + great work environment + excellent training + health, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k + 40-50 hr/wk with paid overtime Very fast paced so work hours fly by. I loved working at Aldi. The pay was great! Benefits great! Was training to be a store manager so a lot was expected of me but I was totally up for it. My store manager loved my work, associates loved my fairness, customers loved me.

Cons

+ work/life balance + walked 28,000 steps/day!!! Never thought I would be fired for clocking in only minutes late!!

Continue reading

Discover more reviews about ALDI.