1. "Love the flexibility and the people"

5.0
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Appen full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Amazing opportunity to work with people all over the world, and meet people from diverse backgrounds and cultures. I feel like I have a friend in any country I go to. The times you work can also be flexible depending on your role.

Cons

With flexibility comes blurred working hours – long hours are treated as normal, and taking calls early/late or working on weekends to meet a deadline are common. The company is also growing rapidly but some processes are still highly manual, like in a smaller company. The project work can get repetitive.

Continue reading

Appen Response

September 18, 2018

Thank you for this stellar review! One of my favorite parts of this job is also being able to work with people from all over the world. This is part of what makes our company special and I hope that it will continue to grow and expand.

1. "Good job, always interesting."

5.0
    Current Employee - Web Search Evaluator in Lantana, FL

I have been working at Appen part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very flexible, training easy to access.

Cons

Arbitrary reviews will leave you with limited time available, tasks are not always available.

2. "An okay job, if you can get one"

4.0
    Current Employee - Social Media Evaluator in Reno, NV
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Appen part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible hours 1-2 year project lifespan (depending) Can make a decent living wage if on the right project

Cons

Jobs can end at any time, even without warning Not a lot of job opportunities Low pay for long hours No benefits since it's part-time Upper management on projects changes constantly Feedback and information is lacking overall Frequent glitches in the SRT tool that can reduce work No compensation for when issues do occur on Appen's end, you just lose money

Continue reading

Discover more reviews about Appen.