Aviation Institute Of Maintenance - Lack of effective communication keeps students & staff in the dark | Glassdoor.com.au
There are newer employer reviews for Aviation Institute Of Maintenance

"Lack of effective communication keeps students & staff in the dark"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA (US)

I have been working at Aviation Institute Of Maintenance full-time

Pros

Many instructors and staff truly love what they do for the students and it shows

Cons

School management does not follow-up on staff/student requests quickly, does not coomunicate effectively the "big picture" so staff/students have a clear understanding of what is expected. They work "reactively" and not "proactively". The main excuse I have heard so many times is that "I have 400 students to deal with", yet many times the littlest act of communication, to stay informed with students/staff, is overlooked.

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff and students, learn to set time apart directly for them so they completely understand what is going on and this just may control the tension a bit.

Other Employee Reviews for Aviation Institute Of Maintenance

"interesting and enlightening although very rewarding when students appreciate quality instruction"

Current Employee - Avionics Instructor in Chesapeake, VA (US)
    Current Employee - Avionics Instructor in Chesapeake, VA (US)

Pros

Help make a difference and set the example for new technicians to follow
    Avenue to higher level learning and cutting edge advancements in the industry
    allows 100's of years of experience to share knowledge and make better curriculum

Cons

Redundancy, poor communication of senior staff and HR
    No IT in the facility to manage computer assets and media.
    Pay is about 2 to 5 dollars less in the field and no over time is authorized

Advice to Management

Knowledge and power of ownership deligated to all levels to trust and take pride, allows for a happier and more productive work environment. Support staff workers and ideas and communicate effectively

2. "Great Start"

Current Employee - Admissions Representative in Orlando, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Admissions Representative in Orlando, FL (US)

I have been working at Aviation Institute Of Maintenance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Just started and will update accordingly. Office and staff is very professional. I was surprised at the level of professionalism in that office.

Cons

Interview process was long; I ended up taking another job that I had to quit. Hate to burn a bridge but working for this company was a better opportunity.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. The staff in Orlando is very professional. I will work hard to maintain this.