BD - So Far So Good | Glassdoor.com.au

"So Far So Good"

I have been working at BD full-time

Pros

The organization I am in was recently acquired by BD. So far it has been the most transparent integration I've been associated with. Recent Corporate management changes indicate they are living up to their claimed goal of assessing best practices between the legacy organizations and incorporating those that position the organization for the greatest growth.

Cons

Too much time is spent, by too many people, in meetings. Sooner or later this will have a negative impact on our productivity.

Advice to Management

As the organization continues to grow, enable senior management to push more "low to moderate risk" decision making authority down to the appropriate subject matter expert levels.

BD2018-09-10
    1. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Franklin Lakes, NJ

I worked at BD full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great place to work at.

Cons

Difficult to get certain tasks accomplished with many layers of management.

BD2019-06-18

"Great mission, ambitious vision, smart people... but bureaucratic and old school"

Former Employee - Marketing Director in San Diego, CA

I worked at BD full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great benefits (401k, pension, paid parental leave available to both parents) Supportive of LGBTQ+ community Lots of resources for employee development

Cons

Poor at inclusion (lip service to diversity) Long hours consistently expected making work-life balance difficult Ultra matrix organization... requires huge amounts of effort and energy to get anything done

Advice to Management

Stop confusing changes for progress, and actually enact what you preach. Figure out better ways to communicate throughout the organization, as most messaging gets lost in the middle layers.

BD2019-06-17

Discover more reviews about BD.