Bain & Company - Best Place to work! | Glassdoor.com.au

"Best Place to work!"

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Boston, MA (US)
Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people are the number one reason I love working at Bain & Company. Everyday I enjoy the company I am in and continue to feel inspired and challenged! Work life balance has always been stressed here as well, and the culture still surprises me sometimes with how great it is!

Cons

Nothing to add as of now

Other Employee Reviews for Bain & Company

"Fantastic place to start and continue your career!"

Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Bain excels at the fundamentals of management consulting - driving results for clients. We work with change oriented executives to drive transformational change throughout organizations in the toughest areas. We work collaboratively with our clients and enable the organization from top to bottom to own and drive change. The other huge benefit is the support you have to ensure you are thriving personally and professionally. The attention to professional development is a skills accelerator and helps you achieve your professional development goals and explore your interests. Our home office staffing model is a key mechanism to ensure you have the opportunity to explore your interests, make sure you develop a well-rounded management skill set, and also have the strong relationships to help you navigate your career (mentors, sponsors, advocates). You work with Texas people and then see them in the office or on future cases which helps develop strong relationships that are so important as you manage your career. They also have great flexibility in the work schedule when trying to manage a career and family.

Cons

As with any management consulting firm, the job is demanding.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in our people - it is our key differentiator! Also continue to invest in the support services that enable our case teams and unlock even more value for our clients and our teams.

2. "Great to start career - don't stay too long"

Former Employee - Associate Consultant in Brussels (Belgium)
    Former Employee - Associate Consultant in Brussels (Belgium)

I worked at Bain & Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Becoming efficient (xls, ppt any other way)
    - Gaining insight into many industries & topics
    - Learning to explain complex issues in simple words
    - Learning to deal with change
    - Great plus on any CV
    - Young, ambitious team of smart people
    - People genuinely care

Cons

- work life balance (10 PM is early, 12 is normal, 2 AM is long; expect to travel a lot; the "protected" night is not always protected)
    - Salary is low for the hours (large proportion of quoted salaries consist of benefits; this will not go to your bank account)
    - Can't learn actual leadership here (leading intelligent, driven, overperforming individuals doesn't train you for the outside world)
    - Beware of the Kool-Aid: it's easy to buy into the idea of making an impact, staying at nice hotels, eating in fancy restaurants, being amongst "the top" and, that it's just too cool to be there. At the end of the day, you play a very small role in a large project, devoting almost all of your time and energy into this job. Yes, team culture is good, but start ups are better.
    --> Come here to kick start your career, to learn and to orientate yourself professionally. Don't miss the right moment to leave.

Advice to Management

Clearly the current model is working for the business.
    If you want to reduce employee TO, you'll need to take serious efforts to improve work life balance, not just talk about it. This will likely reduce either the margins or the turnover, but that's the trade off.