There are newer employer reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond

Not a bad part time job.

Former Employee - Cashier in Warrington, PA (US)
Former Employee - Cashier in Warrington, PA (US)

I worked at Bed Bath & Beyond part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management worked with my college schedule, and nice coworkers.

Cons

Low Pay. Limited/Slow advancement opportunities. Management doesn't listen to ideas that may improve the way things are done.

Advice to Management

Give more advancement opportunities. Open your ears to employees who have ideas that can change the store for the better.

Other Employee Reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond

1. I feel abused. Lack if management involvement.

Current Employee - Department Manager
    Current Employee - Department Manager

I have been working at Bed Bath & Beyond full-time

Pros

The pay is very competitive

Cons

Little room to grow, bad scheduling, and lots of ladders.

Advice to Management

Morale in the store is very important and should be taken seriously. When issues arise on a large scale they shouldn't be swept under the rug

You'll develop a thick skin, or quit.

Current Employee - Bridal Lead/CST in Greensboro, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Bridal Lead/CST in Greensboro, NC (US)

I have been working at Bed Bath & Beyond full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-There is a great deal of autonomy to help customers. -Working with brides and new home owners to create registries was the best part of my day. I really enjoyed taking them on what was essentially a guided shopping spree! -In general my store was in a well to do part of an already lovely small city, so most of the customers were fun to work with, easy to sell to, and very polite. -Lots of opportunity to move into management since very few people can tolerate the culture of abuse. -If you're organized you can really shine during Back to School pack and ship season!

Cons

Corporate seems to be stuck in a culture of abuse. I could often hear our DM screaming profanities at our SM and OpsM from downstairs. In one year we saw 6 SMs in our district step down to less stressful dept. manager positions. Many dept managers were frighteningly lazy and left most of the closing duties to me - I was the CST. I can only pray other stores are better.

Advice to Management

Take some courses in anger management, communication, marketing, sales, and management. You'll probably see much less employee turn over. I was part of the team that set and opened my store, but by the time I moved away (and quit rather than transfer) I was the only person left from the original team.