Employee Review

Current Contractor, more than 8 years

Supportive management

Jan 2, 2021 - Real Estate Agent in Pittsburgh, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive, good work environment, training

Cons

no benefits, no health insurance

1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Supportive

Aug 3, 2021 - Real Estate Broker in Torrance, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Education, Services, Advertising, Meetings, Legal

Cons

Did not care for owner's wife.

2. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good for 7 years

Jul 27, 2021 - Underwriter in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

There's still team mates here who carry the values, work ethic and professional intelligence that were the cornerstone of BHSI Medical Stop Loss There's time to evaluate and return to the transparent team model that got us off the ground quickly and helped us become customer focused because we worked together as a caring unit. For the first 7 years we were encouraged to expand as professionals, help each other, title wasn't a brick wall we had to hide behind (or from) . We were driven to find the right solutions and we did that together and celebrated by commending all of the team. It was an adventure to do good for the company and team and customers.

Cons

Good people are being either driven away or fired. Hiring practices no longer about finding creative people who seek to contribute as a unit. new management wants only those who are single area specialist and dont need to understand the whole product. We are becoming a siloed business. Not learning from each other anymore and not helping each other dot every-i. Now we don't know when we did good but sure drill into each management opinion of our fails. There's lots of fails these days when before the only fails were the ones that didn't provide our customers our best. I don't feel like i'm expanding in this field anymore and i'm being slowed down because i know that i'm going to have to explain everything multiple times like i'm justifying doing what i'm very good at.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Berkshire Hathaway.