CVS Health - CVS prides itself on it's name Customer Value Store and they mean it, but they do not VALUE their employees. | Glassdoor.com.au

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

"CVS prides itself on it's name Customer Value Store and they mean it, but they do not VALUE their employees."

Current Employee - Retail Shift
Current Employee - Retail Shift

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They always have openings in the stores. They give employees good discounts on merchandise. They have loyal customers who know how to work the sales and rewards each week.

Cons

Employees are low paid, even for retail. Even if you try for advancement, the pay does not increase with the responsibilities. At store level, you will scrub bathrooms, vaccuum, stock merchandise, cashier, constantly run in circles, for just above minimum wage.

Advice to Management

If you want to retain and grow employees, watch those that put in the above and beyond performance, then help them to grow into their potential. That employee will be as strong an asset as your customers. Pay them a decent living wage, to motivate them to want to stay within the company. You will always have turn over, but the "cream will rise to the top" and represent CVS the very best. Remember, it sometimes cost $$ on the front end, but will reward and return your investment for a long time to come.

Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health

1. "Innovative health care company with great leadership and advancement opportunities"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Woonsocket, RI (US)
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Woonsocket, RI (US)

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Innovative in nature, career development opportunities, stable company

Cons

benefits could be improved such as gym memberships, increased medical coverage by the employer

2. "Both good and bad"

Current Employee - Cashier
    Current Employee - Cashier

I have been working at CVS Health part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice people. Always busy because managers give you something to do. Good discounts. Love the extra bucks and coupons.

Cons

I've been a cashier for about a year and a half. If I hadn't of left my old store to have my baby I wouldn't been promoted to a shift. sometimes I wish I would of stayed at my old store because my new store the manager is very uptight about everything. Not saying it's really a bad thing but they have told me if I didn't get enough e-mails responses then they were going to put me on probation... WHAT?! Also the hours are crap. Since I've worked at this new store I have only ever had one weekend off and its only because I requested off for my baby's Baptist. I don't know if it's true but I heard cashier's aren't even suppose to have a whole weekend off.

Advice to Management

Hire more cashier's so I can actually see and spend time with my baby and my family on the weekends. I'm not asking every weekend but it seems like the same people get weekends off. Goodbye social life!!!