Collette - Not perfect, but I still love my job for the company culture and benefits | Glassdoor.com.au
Pros
  • "I hear health benefits are great (never needed them have them with my partner)" (in 7 reviews)

• "gym membership reimbursement), the people who work for Collette are wonderful in all departments around the world" (in 7 reviews)

Cons

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Not perfect, but I still love my job for the company culture and benefits"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Pawtucket, RI (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous in Pawtucket, RI (US)

I have been working at Collette full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The perks and benefits are great, including health benefits, paid volunteer time, travel opportunities, and more. It's a casual environment with the freedom to wear jeans, make a call or step out of the office if needed. If you work for the right supervisor, there are great opportunities for advancement (but work for the wrong supervisor and you'll go nowhere, no matter what).

Cons

Collette has a great vision of transparency and opportunity but unfortunately it hasn't filtered down to many managers and supervisors, who treat employees unfairly and don't allow them to reach their full potential. Salaries don't seem evenly distributed and there's always an excuse for why you're not getting a raise, even when the company profits are high. Employee referral program needs to be looked at. Fams are not guaranteed even though they're a selling point for recruiting.

Advice to Management

Give employees the opportunity to review managers and learn where and why employees are disgruntled and leave.

Employee referrals are encouraged, so please follow up with employees' friends and relatives after they apply for a job. At least get back to them when they apply, and after they come in for multiple interviews, let them know if they're not getting the job, and why, instead of leaving them hanging for weeks (true story).

Revamp the fam policy because it's a major reason why many people work here and it's not possible for everyone to get on a fam every year, which is a real disappointment.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Sales Associate"

I worked at Collette part-time

Pros

Fun and easy to do while school is in session!

Cons

harsh boss, expects a lot from you with little motivation.

Advice to Management

stop micromanaging, I believe that would help you!

2. "Great Small Company"

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Pawtucket, RI (US)
    Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Pawtucket, RI (US)

I worked at Collette (More than a year)

Pros

Collette was a close-knit, small company where employees all know each other. The environment is very welcoming, not very stressful, and it's a great company to begin your career. They uphold strong company values.

Cons

Lack of growth opportunities, not much focus on employee development.

Discover more reviews about Collette.