Collette - Not perfect, but I still love my job for the company culture and benefits | Glassdoor.com.au

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Collette

"Not perfect, but I still love my job for the company culture and benefits"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Pawtucket, RI (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous in Pawtucket, RI (US)

I have been working at Collette full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The perks and benefits are great, including health benefits, paid volunteer time, travel opportunities, and more. It's a casual environment with the freedom to wear jeans, make a call or step out of the office if needed. If you work for the right supervisor, there are great opportunities for advancement (but work for the wrong supervisor and you'll go nowhere, no matter what).

Cons

Collette has a great vision of transparency and opportunity but unfortunately it hasn't filtered down to many managers and supervisors, who treat employees unfairly and don't allow them to reach their full potential. Salaries don't seem evenly distributed and there's always an excuse for why you're not getting a raise, even when the company profits are high. Employee referral program needs to be looked at. Fams are not guaranteed even though they're a selling point for recruiting.

Advice to Management

Give employees the opportunity to review managers and learn where and why employees are disgruntled and leave.

Employee referrals are encouraged, so please follow up with employees' friends and relatives after they apply for a job. At least get back to them when they apply, and after they come in for multiple interviews, let them know if they're not getting the job, and why, instead of leaving them hanging for weeks (true story).

Revamp the fam policy because it's a major reason why many people work here and it's not possible for everyone to get on a fam every year, which is a real disappointment.

Other Employee Reviews for Collette

"Use to be awesome place to work but times changed over the years.."

Former Employee - IT Department in Pawtucket, RI (US)
    Former Employee - IT Department in Pawtucket, RI (US)

I worked at Collette full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

When I first started at Collette I really loved my Job for the following reasons

- Travel Perks (FAM Tours)
    - Work with Great People (lots of awesome people there still)
    - Nice vacation time
    - Felt like a person not a number (beginning years)

Cons

Over the years times changed..

-Got more Corporate feel now
    -Some management can be horrible
    -Working over 75 hours a week at times and could not get management for extra help
    -High turn over (never was like that when I first started)
    -Promised higher pay never got it
    -Way under paid for the position I was in and the hours I was putting in

Advice to Management

Collette use to be an awesome place to work and I loved my job, however over the years times changed and felt less like a person there and more like a number. My work life balance during my later years was tough when systems got bigger but no extra staff to help. I was promised higher pay for the hours I was putting in and had HR involved but nothing ever came of it.. Management was horrible in some places and I was not a fan with some of the new ones that came in... The Sullivan family is very nice and I do like the CEO but not sure what happened in later years.. it seemed like he lost control of certain parts of the companyr. Favoritism was another issue also with certain management with employees. The CFO and Vice President of the company is very nice and loved talking/helping them with technology.

2. "Intern"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Collette as an intern

Pros

Positive work environment and competitive pay

Cons

No paid vacation but that's to be expected for interns