Combined Insurance - Early Career Professionals..Beware | Glassdoor.com.au

"Early Career Professionals..Beware"

Human Resources in Chicago, IL

I worked at Combined Insurance for more than 5 years

Pros

My Team...hands down. They were my only support system and made coming to work every day bearable . Vacation Policy. Work from Home Options. Gym on-site (Discounted Rate). Easy Location to commute to.

Cons

Director Level Manager does not invest time for professional development and lateral or vertical movement. Delegates tasks to others on the team without taking any initiative to complete them his/herself. For an Early Careers Professional, the department is very transactional and always works to the "next Monday" which provides extensive long hours and weekend work in order to achieve business needs. The company... as a whole is a big boys club, and lacks diversity of thought. Extremely traditional mindsets which include dress code, pay, and availability after hours. (work life balance is not a priority, even on vacation you need to be able to access email and phone.) During the duration of my employment I had three direct managers, which eludes to the high turnover in the business as a whole. As an Early Careers Professional, this company lacks initiative and growth in order to attract this demographic and retain them in both corporate and sales environments. Especially from a competitive compensation, this company pays on the low end of the range.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees when they voice concerns about direct and upper management. When over 5+ employees voice these concerns, it should be warranted to investigate the issues. Especially when almost the entire team turns over within 9 months. Provide transparent development. Do not string a long employees, be up front and transparent with them. Better Work Life Balance. Better Compensation.

Combined Insurance2019-01-17

Combined Insurance Response

March 1, 2019Social Media Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We appreciate your feedback, and we take it seriously. We are happy to hear that you felt supported by your team, and we thank you for sharing other pros like our work from home options when appropriate, the on-site gym and our vacation ...

1. "Amazing!"

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time

Pros

Combined Insurance Australia and management team was really an employer of choice, extremely supportive management team.

Cons

It took around 6 months to feel really comfortable, however it does take time to develop specific skills required for this role.

Combined Insurance2016-07-08

Combined Insurance Response

October 13, 2016Social Media Manager

Thank you for reviewing our company. It is our goal to make sure our teams are supported with excellent managers, and we are so happy to hear that your management team was "extremely supportive." We wish you all the best !

2. "The worst business I have ever worked for..."

Former Contractor - Sales Representative in Sydney

I worked at Combined Insurance for less than a year

Pros

-Intensive Induction Training in QLD

Cons

-Unethical, borderline illegal sales processes -No ongoing support -No values

Combined Insurance2019-05-22

Discover more reviews about Combined Insurance.