Combined Insurance - Beware, potential won't pay your bills. | Glassdoor.com.au
Pros
Cons
  • "You literally are a door to door sales person" (in 34 reviews)

• "Therefore a successful insurance professional has to be willing to work long hours in order to be there for their policyholders in time of need" (in 37 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Beware, potential won't pay your bills."

Former Employee - Sales Coordinator in Pittsburgh, PA (US)
Former Employee - Sales Coordinator in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, income "potential", incentive trips

Cons

Commission only, hours worked, 7 day a week job, chargeback percent, nothing reimbursed for travel, nepotism

Advice to Management

Pay your first level managers a salary! Teach MD's how to recruit quality not just quantity. The heard them in and then heard them out recruiting mentality needs to be addressed.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "District Manager"

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Companies core contributions to 401k. Combined Insurance changes my life through PMA. Support and training for new agents is done of the best in the industry

Cons

Agents are straight commission with no compensation for fuel or automotive repairs

Combined Insurance Response

9 Jan 2019 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave this positive review. We always appreciate hearing from our current employees. We offer our agents a comprehensive benefits package as well as ongoing training... More

"Early Career Professionals..Beware"

Former Employee - Human Resources in Chicago, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Human Resources in Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at Combined Insurance (More than 5 years)

Pros

My Team...hands down. They were my only support system and made coming to work every day bearable .
    Vacation Policy.
    Work from Home Options.
    Gym on-site (Discounted Rate).
    Easy Location to commute to.

Cons

Director Level Manager does not invest time for professional development and lateral or vertical movement. Delegates tasks to others on the team without taking any initiative to complete them his/herself. For an Early Careers Professional, the department is very transactional and always works to the "next Monday" which provides extensive long hours and weekend work in order to achieve business needs.

The company as a whole is a big boys club, and lacks diversity of thought. Extremely traditional mindsets which include dress code, pay, and availability after hours. (work life balance is not a priority, even on vacation you need to be able to access email and phone.)

During the duration of my employment I had three direct managers, which eludes to the high turnover in the business as a whole. As an Early Careers Professional, this company lacks initiative and growth in order to attract this demographic and retain them in both corporate and sales environments. Especially from a competitive compensation, this company pays on the low end of the range.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees when they voice concerns about direct and upper management. When over 5+ employees voice these concerns, it should be warranted to investigate the issues. Especially when almost the entire team turns over within 9 months.
    Provide transparent development.
    Do not string a long employees, be up front and transparent with them.
    Better Work Life Balance.
    Better Compensation.

Discover more reviews about Combined Insurance.