Employee Review

1. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

The company is perfect for a learner.

6 Jan 2021 - Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you want to learn things and you work hard, the company is perfect. The tech lead is talented, patient, and helpful, they teach me a lot. They really care about what you are feeling and learning. They have a lot of useful tech sharing meeting, you also have the chance to share your idea.

Cons

Too much meeting makes me hard to have enough time to focus on coding. Fast-paced development, some times makes me feel stressed, in the OKR related meetings I feel like the PM want to build a huge rocket in 6 weeks with limited resources.

1 person found this review helpful

Culture Amp Response

VP People and Experience

Thanks for your review. Really pleased to hear that leadership has been a highlight for you as we are focussing heavily on investing in our leaders to be effective coaches for each of our employees. We want all of our employees to feel like Culture Amp is the place for you to come if you want to grow, of which there are so many ways to do so given where we currently are placed on our company journey to achieve our mission. The point you raised on too many meetings is really valid. In 2020, meetings escalated with working at home as did the pace of work in general. We are currently working on how we work in a globally distributed work environment and this includes meetings cadence, decision making norms, knowledge management and of course connection and wellbeing. We haven't solved for it all yet but making solid progress and we hope to see improvements in our employee experience here in 2021. Your last point on resourcing is also one we take note of, we are in strong hiring mode now for great people to join us and many of these roles are in our Product Group, ensuring we have the right headcount to grow sustainably is a priority and we know at times in pockets we need to do more work here. Thanks again for your thoughtful review.

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

A special place

15 Apr 2021 - Corporate Office Staff
    Business Outlook

Pros

What has kept me at this company is hands down the people. The CEO is a true visionary and a good soul. There are things I've learned from this company (beyond my technical discipline) about the complexities of making a better world of work that I will be able to carry well into my career as a manager, mentor and employee. Looking at the science through our well credentialed and talented People Science team has been eye opening. People also have fun here. There are meaningful employee excursions and interesting speakers and events which round out the work experience. Also the software is spot on and an incredibly powerful tool for those wishing to make change in their organizations and get to the pulse of what is going on. The data does not lie! This is undoubtably a very special place. Building a company is by no means easy and then taking it to scale is even harder.

Cons

The usual growing pains in a hyper growth company are expected. If it was easy, everyone would be doing it.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Incredible people and incredible product

4 May 2021 - Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people I work with are some of the most genuine and helpful coworkers I've ever experienced. My teammates really do a lot to set each other up for success and achieve their goals. Collaboration is strong here, without the hyper-competitive issues that can seep into some sales cultures. The product is incredible and it's motivating to hear so many people speak to the impact Culture Amp has on their work and their business. Strong engineering and product team breeds confidence. Getting to speak with Culture First companies everyday is also a great benefit.

Cons

The organization has outgrown its start-up phase in terms of size and structure, so might not be the best place for people looking for that kind of company. More bureaucratic and opaque decision making has lead to some people leaving the org or feeling under-valued.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Culture Amp.