DISH - It's a job | Glassdoor.com.au

"It's a job"

Current Employee - Sales Representative
Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I like my fellow co workers and the technology is the best.

Cons

Well last week a report came out that said dish was the meanest company to work for and I have to agree. Now all of the sudden our CEO asked us to write positive reviews on here so I have been laughing at all these new comments. They must have gotten a perk for saying nice things. This place is a joke. It is cheap, micro managed, and scatter brained. Most managers don't have a clue but they get promoted because they have friends in upper management. They expect you to pay everything up front no matter the cost. We only get 10 dollars for lunch and 20 for dinner, so never expect a quality meal. Please do yourself a favor and never apply for a job here. Don't listen to those corporate guys praising this company. It isn't true

Advice to Management

It doesn't matter what you say. Nothing will change. Joe Clayton talks a big game , but that's about it. He doesn't care about you or your family. Maybe one day the company will get better but until then congrats on being named worst company to work for and meanest company in the us. That's what you worked for and now you got it.

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

"Joe Clayton (CEO) put us up to upgrading our score"

Current Employee - Tester in Spartanburg, SC (US)
    Current Employee - Tester in Spartanburg, SC (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Paycheck every 2 weeks, free tv

Cons

Lots and lots of overtime, no time to watch free tv

Advice to Management

Give fair evaluations.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Englewood, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Englewood, CO (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Dish is a company that offers great services to it's customers but what set the company apart for me is that it went above and beyond to make it an excellent place to work. The variety of benefits and perks offered to it's employees are outstanding. The opportunities Dish offers it's employees to grow within the company are stellar. Most importantly, Dish has a lot of new and exciting changes it is working on which will make it a unique and an even better place to be in the years to come.

Cons

I have been with the company since February 2009 and still can't find any cons.

Advice to Management

Throughout the past few years we have introduced a lot of great services making this company unique in what we provide our customers. Keep it up.