"Stay away, stay far far away"

1.0
    Current Employee - Brand Manager in White Plains, NY

I have been working at Danone North America full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Free yogurt, free water and unreal PTO if you can take it.

Cons

Don't let the PTO fool you, Dannon is well known for being one of the worst work/life balance companies in CPG. Leadership is obsessed with the short term, which means you will be working long hours and weekends, and wasting a lot of energy on projects that get started but never finished. Plus we like to be a "lean" organization, which is code for being understaffed. This all breeds a very negative culture. Getting through each day feels like trying to make it through a minefield. Unless you are part of the "in crowd" your own Director will backstab you and try to take credit for your work to get ahead. You will come home exhausted and dread getting up and doing it all over again. HR will tell you that this place is "not for everyone" because of our speed and agility. They will say you need to be a "Doer" or "Empowered" to distract from the true organizational problems. But HR themselves knows how hard it is to replace all the people leaving because our reputation in market is so bad. They have to depend on a pipeline of unsuspecting interns to recruit talent instead. Finally, don't expect to advance your career here if you are a woman. The number of women leading the company is embarrassing. When leadership changes occur, like the changes that are about to be announced, you will not see a single woman even being considered.

Continue reading
  1. "The best company"

5.0
    Current Employee - HRBP in White Plains, NY

I have been working at Danone North America full-time for less than a year

Pros

Extremely human centric. Flexible. Amazing people. Great leadership. Empowerment. Best company I’ve worked for!

Cons

If you don’t manage your time and set boundaries for yourself, like any company, you can find yourself working too much. This is controllable by you though!

2. "If you are a military veteran stay away"

2.0
    Former Employee - Reliability Engineer in Fort Worth, TX
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Danone North America full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Climate controlled work environment, Excellent Safety environment, Very good people to work with(with the exception of the leadership team)

Cons

A lot of Discrimination on leadership team / No work life balance if you are not liked or are a RE

Discover more reviews about Danone North America.