1. "Gallo"

4.0
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Corona, CA

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time

Pros

great benefits and wonderful people

Cons

none, none none none none

Continue reading

May 12, 2020Human Resources Leadership

Hi! We really appreciate your feedback and are so glad you decided to join the Gallo family. Cheers!

1. COVID-19

"Excellent company to work for in good times and bad."

5.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Modesto, CA

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for less than a year

Pros

I only recently joined on with Gallo a few weeks before the COVID-19 issues hit the US, but I have been working with Gallo as a consultant for several years prior to that. I can speak to Gallo's work culture now from an outside consultant's perspective as well as an official employee. Gallo has an excellent culture that is centered around collaboration and genuine interest in the opinions of others. Gallo has really taken the COVID-19 disruptions in stride. It is extremely difficult for any company of this size to navigate these times with everything evolving so quickly, but I can honestly say that Gallo has done an outstanding job and truly has the best intentions at heart (all the way up to the executive leadership). I would highly recommend a career at Gallo. You feel valued here and are not just a number. Being a private company, Gallo is able to do things that other companies cannot. They are here to bring value to the company and its employees, not shareholders on Wall Street. Many people don't realize just how important that is. I have worked with Gallo as a consultant through many good times of fast growth. Now being on the 'inside' during this unusual time has made me even more excited to be a part of this team. I look forward to seeing what the future holds. Do not come to Gallo expecting to be able to set your work pace on cruise. To be a top leader in the wine industry, you have to put in the work. Gallo knows this and expects it from all employees at every level. Your hard work will be rewarded! This is a huge pro for me because I have worked at a large company where no matter how much or how little effort you put in, you followed the same prescribed path as everyone else. This is not true at Gallo which I think is a big reason why most everyone here is so dedicated to doing their best every single day. That culture and mindset is contagious.

Cons

I would not work at Gallo if you aren't ready for a fast-paced environment.

Continue reading

June 24, 2020Human Resources Leadership

We truly appreciate your thoughtful feedback. Thanks for all you do!

2. "Great company to work for!"

5.0
    Former Employee - Winemaker in Sonoma, CA

I worked at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Family owned and the most integrity I've seen in a wine company. Innovative company offering great educational opportunities and room to grow.

Cons

Lot's of bureaucracy which sometimes mean jumping through hoops to get things done.

June 24, 2020Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Cheers to you!

Discover more reviews about E. & J. Gallo Winery.