1. COVID-19

"Excellent company to work for in good times and bad."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Modesto, CA

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for less than a year

Pros

I only recently joined on with Gallo a few weeks before the COVID-19 issues hit the US, but I have been working with Gallo as a consultant for several years prior to that. I can speak to Gallo's work culture now from an outside consultant's perspective as well as an official employee. Gallo has an excellent culture that is centered around collaboration and genuine interest in the opinions of others. Gallo has really taken the COVID-19 disruptions in stride. It is extremely difficult for any company of this size to navigate these times with everything evolving so quickly, but I can honestly say that Gallo has done an outstanding job and truly has the best intentions at heart (all the way up to the executive leadership). I would highly recommend a career at Gallo. You feel valued here and are not just a number. Being a private company, Gallo is able to do things that other companies cannot. They are here to bring value to the company and its employees, not shareholders on Wall Street. Many people don't realize just how important that is. I have worked with Gallo as a consultant through many good times of fast growth. Now being on the 'inside' during this unusual time has made me even more excited to be a part of this team. I look forward to seeing what the future holds. Do not come to Gallo expecting to be able to set your work pace on cruise. To be a top leader in the wine industry, you have to put in the work. Gallo knows this and expects it from all employees at every level. Your hard work will be rewarded! This is a huge pro for me because I have worked at a large company where no matter how much or how little effort you put in, you followed the same prescribed path as everyone else. This is not true at Gallo which I think is a big reason why most everyone here is so dedicated to doing their best every single day. That culture and mindset is contagious.

Cons

I would not work at Gallo if you aren't ready for a fast-paced environment.

Continue reading

E. & J. Gallo Winery Response

June 24, 2020Human Resources Leadership

We truly appreciate your thoughtful feedback. Thanks for all you do!

1. "Best Place to Work in the Central Valley"

Current Employee - Assistant Brand Manager in Modesto, CA

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Constant employee learning opportunities and trainings, quick advancement, great employee benefits, strong culture, friendly and helpful coworkers. Gallo is a family-owned company that truly makes everyone feel like they are part of the family.

Cons

None, I'm an extremely happy employee

E. & J. Gallo Winery Response

August 6, 2020Human Resources Leadership

Thanks you for taking the time to leave a review. We are thrilled to hear you are happy. Thanks for all you do!

2. "E&J Gallo Intern"

Former Intern - Intern - Hourly in Modesto, CA

I worked at E. & J. Gallo Winery

Pros

Very good company to work for

Cons

nothing bad to say about this company

Discover more reviews about E. & J. Gallo Winery.