Ellie Mae - Love a good challenge? This is the place to be... | Glassdoor.com.au

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Ellie Mae

"Love a good challenge? This is the place to be..."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Pleasanton, CA (US)
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Pleasanton, CA (US)

I have been working at Ellie Mae full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Fast paced development environment with never a dull moment.
- Great place for technology enthusiasts. Get to work with cutting edge technologies.
- Weekly lunch and learn sessions helps people share knowledge across the development organization.
- Great place for women in tech. Many women in strong leadership roles who are always willing to take time out to talk about their experiences and provide guidance.
- Lots of great work to do building services on the public cloud. Management is very supportive of new software or technology stack you wish to use as long as it passes all security standards and is the right fit for the project.
- Teams are very collaborative and everybody's input is valued. 'You build it, you own it' philosophy ensures that every team feels a strong sense of ownership towards everything they build.
- Strong culture with lots of people passionate about what they do.
- Annual 2-day tech summit emphasizes management's investment in technology.
- Overall, I love going in to work with an amazing team and constantly working on new technologies and solving new problems.

Cons

These are a few things that teams should get better at working on and will get better as teams mature:
- Things can get stressful at times with aggressive deadlines and unclear requirements. This can be avoided by the team pushing back early on if the deadlines seem unrealistic.
- Rapid development and teams operating in silos often result in some last minute integration issues.
- Work life balance is a challenge although it seems like it might be getting better as things stabilize a little bit.

Advice to Management

- Keep up the great work hiring good people and empowering long time employees to transition to new technologies.
- Better planning and inter team communication would be a great step towards reducing last minute surprises. Managers/program managers should ensure that someone is coordinating between teams and communicating often to the team.
- Please avoid changing managers so frequently. I understand these are growing pains and am hopeful that this will not be a continuing trend.

Ellie Mae Response

9 Jun 2017 – EVP HR

Thank you for your thoughts. We are looking to support all employees with their work life blend and I ask that you talk with your manager or HR. These are very situational to the individual and we... More

Other Employee Reviews for Ellie Mae

"Great company with lots of opportunities"

I have been working at Ellie Mae full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

One of the best companies in the bay area. Been with the company for more than 8 years building great products and would love to continue here. It is an amazing feeling to see the company grow so much over the years and to be part of this success. I still go to work feeling excited even after working for so many years as there are opportunities for you to learn and grow.

Cons

Recently experienced some growing pains, but with the support of leadership team and employees, I think this can be overcome soon

"Brave New World, Product & Technology Summit 2017"

Current Employee - Director Level in Pleasanton, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Director Level in Pleasanton, CA (US)

I have been working at Ellie Mae full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am coming out of this amazing two days event. What a show it was. Awesome tracks, great speakers and above all got to know the leadership vision/commitment towards our journey.

Sessions on Design Thinking, Cloud Infrastructure, Product Vision, Machine Learning, Microservices, Data Lakes, User Experience, Innovative thinking and much more. I felt so filling with the sessions offerings. Everyone I spoke at the summit was extremely positive and pumped about this very well organized event. Kudos to the organizers.

I worked in the hi tech industry for 15+ years that includes some big names. But I have to say EllieMae is special, it gives me the sense of ownership that empowers me to make my decision at work. Love it.

Cons

I felt two days were a little short for this summit with the rich offerings.

Advice to Management

I suggest to add a day to the summit next year.

Ellie Mae Response

9 Jun 2017 – EVP HR

The summit was fabulous! The tech leadership team are looking at the feedback for this event and are committed to making it even better next year. Thanks for the shout out!