Everlane - Company business growing, but lack of transparency, and growth in leadership and maturity. | Glassdoor.com.au

"Company business growing, but lack of transparency, and growth in leadership and maturity."

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Everlane

Pros

Young, creative, enthusiastic work environment. Company is growing, many upcoming opportunities.

Cons

Serious lack of mature leadership within the company. Company is run by mostly 20yos, role-playing as mature adults and managers. No real openness, transparency and honest communication among employees, as if there were elephants in the room, especially in regards to hierarchy and office politics. People in the company are VERY nice, each to get ahead on their own.

Advice to Management

It's given everyone at the company, joining the company, are smart and able to do work, complete task, be creative. What else can they bring to the company?

Everlane2016-06-27

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Growing company, fast paced, hard work, but I like it"

Current Employee - Ambassador

I have been working at Everlane part-time for less than a year

Pros

Discount Coworkers are great Leadership will meet with you, take note of the zones you like, and overall work hard to make it the best work environment for you The store is busy and the you are working hard, especially on weekends, but I personally prefer that type of environment

Cons

Scheduling - the scheduling process could run more smoothly, but when mistakes are made they almost always corrected/handled

Advice to Management

Overall, things could be more organized and there could be better communication between the leadership and everyone else. Like a weekly email to the team or something. This is the biggest store Everlane has and it is new territory. So there is a lot of learning going on for everyone and for the most part the leadership and company quickly act to change things in a way that works better for everyone, which is... appreciated.

Everlane2019-10-15
  2. "Great Interview Process!"

Current Employee - People Operations Coordinator in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Everlane full-time for less than a year

Pros

The interview process was amazing! I was always contacted in a timely manner. The in-person interview was catered to my schedule and was kept unbiased and professional. Everlane has an incredible office with new conference rooms to balance out the open space office. The employees are very welcoming and the company as a whole lives up to their values.

Cons

The business is growing so much, there are definitely growing pains as they continue to hire more creative thinkers. I gave the work-life balance 4/5 because its San Francisco/Bay Area pace and who doesn't struggle with work life balance?

Everlane2019-10-12

Discover more reviews about Everlane.