Everlane - Company business growing, but lack of transparency, and growth in leadership and maturity. | Glassdoor.com.au

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Company business growing, but lack of transparency, and growth in leadership and maturity."

Pros

Young, creative, enthusiastic work environment. Company is growing, many upcoming opportunities.

Cons

Serious lack of mature leadership within the company. Company is run by mostly 20yos, role-playing as mature adults and managers. No real openness, transparency and honest communication among employees, as if there were elephants in the room, especially in regards to hierarchy and office politics. People in the company are VERY nice, each to get ahead on their own.

Advice to Management

It's given everyone at the company, joining the company, are smart and able to do work, complete task, be creative. What else can they bring to the company?

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great Place to Be"

I have been working at Everlane full-time

Pros

Great professional growth, always have the chance to get your hands on new things
    Challenging, but not frustrating. It allows you to reach new heights personally.
    The team is amazing. Everyone genuinely wants to be there. The support and energy works wonders. Everyone gets along and we're all friends.

Cons

Things happen quickly. This is both good and bad. But sometimes, it's hard to explain some of our decisions to people that shop with us or talk to us about what we do.

Advice to Management

Keep killing it and never let this culture go. The leadership is amazing and we couldn't ask for better people to be at the helm.

"Incredibly Rewarding Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Pros

Working with the best and brightest people in your field. Universal excitement and motivation from all employees. Small enough to grow within and expand your role—if you have a good idea and the wherewithal to push it forward, there's no red tape to stop you. Responsive execs and fantastic leadership; Everlane cares tremendously about its employees and their ability to succeed.

Cons

Project workload is intense—don't expect to just clock out at 6pm and go on with your life. A major portion of your life is now Everlane.

Compensation is reasonable, but certainly nothing special (especially when you consider the cost of living in San Francisco).

Advice to Management

As the company continues to grow, and more new faces come through our doors, don't lose sight of the values that allowed us to get here.

Discover more reviews about Everlane.