GenMark Diagnostics - Love it! Good people and great technology. Way different than the reviews lead you to believe... | Glassdoor.com.au

"Love it! Good people and great technology. Way different than the reviews lead you to believe..."

Current Employee - Engineer in Carlsbad, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at GenMark Diagnostics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Genmark has a lot of great new people mixed with great legacy people; many of the new people have under two years here. The technology is awesome. Strong focus on manufacturing with the ramp-up of ePlex. Lots to own and put your mark on. And obviously located in beautiful Carlsbad. Come join the fun!

Cons

Some scrambling with the switch to a manufacturing focus (but produces lots of opportunity). They only provide bagels on Wednesday and not every day. :)

Advice to Management

None yet. Just sell the heck out of ePlex!

GenMark Diagnostics2018-07-13

June 4, 2019Sr. Operational HR Leader

Thank you for taking the time to share such nice words about working at GenMark. We are thrilled to have you as part of the team.

Other Employee Reviews

"Worst Company to work for"

Current Employee - Technician in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at GenMark Diagnostics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free Soda, Lot of nice friendly people

Cons

Poor management. Favoratism, Supervisors are unfriendly and unprofessional. Leads are dump and unexperienced and its nowhere to find when you need them. They are being picked and assigned by Supervisors not my experienced or intelligence but by favoratism. One Lead wear dark glasses all the time and caught many times sleeping and playing games in his phone. Not wearing ESD sshoe strap either.

GenMark Diagnostics2019-09-05

September 9, 2019Sr. Operational HR Leader

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are disappointed this hasn't been brought up to the HR Business Partner for operations. Please reach out to Rebecca to discuss the specifics of your complaint. The fair treatment of all employees is our priority. Regarding the selection of Leads; the company has an open interview process. Anyone interested in a Lead position is allowed to apply. There is a formal set of interviews and discussions about each internal candidate before a final selection is made. The interview panel consists of several levels of management, HR and cross functional departments that will be interacting with the Leads. You are a valued member of our organization and your feedback is important to us, please reach out to your Manager or HR to discuss your concerns. Our doors are open to you.

"Worst decision ever to except a position there."

Former Employee - Production Supervisor in Carlsbad, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at GenMark Diagnostics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Met some good people, bagels

Cons

Management is the worst, if you are not in the inner circle you do not matter. HR has no respect for the employees only watching the associate directors back. Who is such a micro manager who looks for the worst in his people. Does not even care when an employee's child is sick, or injured. Only cares about his own butt. Keeps little notes to be little his own supervisors, unless you are the chosen one.

Advice to Management

Learn to respect the ones that matter and not just kiss butt.

GenMark Diagnostics2019-08-15

August 28, 2019Executive Assistant

Thank you for taking the time to speak up about your experience at GenMark. I am disappointed you left feeling like you didn’t have an impartial resource. We have an HR Business Partner set up that allows the HR department to be flexible with the employee support, because we know the employee/employer relationship is invaluable. We will ensure the employees know it is ok to ask for a new resource. Also, we have recently implemented additional management training and I am sorry you will not be here to experience the changes. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors. - Vice President of Human Resources

Discover more reviews about GenMark Diagnostics.