"Worst decision ever to except a position there."

1.0
    Former Employee - Production Supervisor in Carlsbad, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at GenMark Diagnostics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Met some good people, bagels

Cons

Management is the worst, if you are not in the inner circle you do not matter. HR has no respect for the employees only watching the associate directors back. Who is such a micro manager who looks for the worst in his people. Does not even care when an employee's child is sick, or injured. Only cares about his own butt. Keeps little notes to be little his own supervisors, unless you are the chosen one.

Continue reading

August 28, 2019Executive Assistant

Thank you for taking the time to speak up about your experience at GenMark. I am disappointed you left feeling like you didn’t have an impartial resource. We have an HR Business Partner set up that allows the HR department to be flexible with the employee support, because we know the employee/employer relationship is invaluable. We will ensure the employees know it is ok to ask for a new resource. Also, we have recently implemented additional management training and I am sorry you will not be here to experience the changes. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors. - Vice President of Human Resources

Other Employee Reviews

1. COVID-19

"Exciting times-helping w Covid tests"

5.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at GenMark Diagnostics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Meaningful work-cool product-really improve lives of patient

Cons

Busy but for good reason

Continue reading

April 22, 2020HR Business Partner

Thank you for your kind words. We greatly appreciate it and we appreciate your efforts. We couldn't do what we do without you. Keep up the good work.

2. "alright place to work"

Current Employee - Manufacturing Technician in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at GenMark Diagnostics full-time for less than a year

Pros

always room to grow, lots of overtime

Cons

repetitive and boring, favoritism in workplace

July 31, 2020HR Business Partner

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Your opinion matters to the leadership team. Favoritism isn't condoned in our workplace, please reach out to your Supervisor or HR Business Partner to discuss your concerns. It is important to us that everyone has a fair place to work.

Discover more reviews about GenMark Diagnostics.