Employee Review

Current Employee, more than 5 years

Product owner for Software

May 8, 2020 - Global Product Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible working hours, Family friendly company

Cons

depends on role, very stressful

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Innovation, Ambition, Collaboration

Jul 3, 2021 - Investigator in Collegeville, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The new GSK I see is open, innovative, risk-taking, quick failure endorsing and learning from it, ambitious, and strongly collaborative

Cons

Hoping it is not too late before our efforts bear fruit.

Continue reading
  2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

My time at GSK during the turbulence of the 3 Billion settlement with AIG office

Jul 16, 2021 - Neuroscience Sales Specialist in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I got to work with really smart people. We were always tied up by the legal department of the company... The rules changed, we were expected to have a certain amount of programs with GSK trained doctors discussing with other doctors, nurses, staff the benefit of our products. But you had to have a certain amount of doctors attends for ex 5 and if for some reason one does not show then you have to call into COMPLIANCE and report it. This is where you're asking super buys doctors to come to a lunch and leave their practice or for a dinner that cuts into their finite family time. Then you must cancel the program and OFFEND the people that RSV Pd and came to your dinner program where they can no longer bring their spouses. OFFENDING the doctors you have to see every week is not good for building rapport.

Cons

--Bonus structure was based on behaviors and not sales --had a new manager every six months the last 2 years --stress of 3 consecutive layoffs

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about GlaxoSmithKline.