Goodstart Early Learning - Disappointing 🤯 | Glassdoor.com.au

"Disappointing 🤯"

Current Employee - Educational Leader in West Melbourne

I have been working at Goodstart Early Learning full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Relationships built with the children and families.

Cons

Built beautiful relationships with the staff in this certain centre. After a few years, had a big change in staffing and environment, now the environment isnt so joyful to come to, a few toxic personalities makes it very hard to spend 5 days 37.5 hours a week in, bullying is high in most centres ive been to as this is evident through the reviews on here as well as if you walk into any of the centres, it is female... dominant so it is highly expected, it would be great to have a few male teachers and directors within the environment to balance out the aura as the atmosphere itself can be intense with so many females. Used to be inspired to inspire educators as dedication and aspirations have gone out the door. Too many expectations with little help to improve quality programs within the centre. Encouraged to attend meetings, conferences and workshops but bombarded with too much work and no pay raises but very high expectations oh and the paper work! . Doesnt make sense to put extra duties but not to pay the educators and teachers extra, mind you we are also apparently cleaners too, constantly cleaning, doing the laundry, sweeping yards, taking out rubbish bins because goodstart cant afford to pay the professional cleaners to take out the bins, mopping the floors, wiping down surfaces, wiping windows, cleaning the childrens bathrooms because theres urine all over the floor, cleaning ALL the toys because the chn LOVE placing toys into their mouths and we need to ensure we stop the spread of infections and diseases/sicknesses, changing experiences, observe chns play, build great quality relationships with the chn through our interactions, feed them, cuddle them, change their diapers, wipe their noses and on top of all that folks, we need to ensure individual observations are completed, daily reflections are completed, program reflections, critical reflections and personal reflections are done!, we are interacting with the children and finding ways to extend their learning/play/development, changing experiences around, making sure the paper work is also completed such as playground checks, sunscreen checks, routines are checked oh and you also got to deal with the attitudes you get from both chn and educators .. all of this on a daily basis. Have been told if you work over your 37.5 or 38max that you will be owed it the week after n sent home early( in my entire work life as a teenager/adult the hours ive worked i have always been paid for until i begun working for this company). Ratio to children is obviously out of our control as its part of the NQS although it can be annoying when you are over ratio and theres nothing you can do besides try your best to juggle if its over 3s 12 or 13chn on your own and if its under 3s you may have 5 or 6 on your own as staff tend to call in sick frequently and is not replaced. Crazy right. Yup and thats how accidents start and they wonder why.. oh not to mention we have no benefits..you get back pain as well dont foget that but no benefits with massage discounts or physiotherapy discounts no care for our health n wellbeing what so ever... i could go on but i may make a novel out of it.... to end the cons all i can say is.... have respect for earlychildhood educators and teachers as a lot of people have no clue what our day is like. We get told we dont need a pay rise... in our eyes we feel we deserve it.

Advice to Management

If only you knew what it is like to live and breathe our role you will understand.

Goodstart Early Learning2018-11-10

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Goodstart Early Learning part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company values, Good team

Cons

No career opportunities for my job

Goodstart Early Learning2019-10-01
  2. "Well established organisation"

Current Employee - Cert III

I have been working at Goodstart Early Learning part-time for less than a year

Pros

Always have support. Above award wages. Generous discounts. Flexibility. Room to grow.

Cons

At times you can feel just a number as it is so large.

Goodstart Early Learning2019-10-02

Discover more reviews about Goodstart Early Learning.