Goodstart Early Learning - Could be so much better... | Glassdoor.com.au

"Could be so much better..."

I worked at Goodstart Early Learning full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lovely people to work with. Great interaction with children and also parents. At its best, can be pleasant and rewarding.

Cons

Ridiculous amount of paperwork, some of which has to be done in our own time, either in lunch breaks or at home. Negativity from management, constant criticisms and bullying (with moments of positives). Sometimes terrible communication, with some expectations not explained at all, and then we're in trouble if we don't do it, while other instructions can be contradictory and confusing.

Advice to Management

You want your staff to treat children positively. You need to learn to do that to your employees. There is a time for pointing out negatives, of course, but to focus on it so much helps make it a very toxic culture.

Goodstart Early Learning2019-01-14

Goodstart Early Learning Response

January 16, 2019Corporate Affairs

Thanks for your review. We recognise our educators have a big job that takes loads of energy and commitment - and we acknowledge there is a big admin load to meet the regulations and requirements of our sector. So firstly, thank you for your commitment over the past 3 years. Your ...

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great Organisations to be involved with"

Former Employee - Director Children's Centre in Melbourne

I worked at Goodstart Early Learning full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I love their Guiding principals and the work they do in Inclusion Support Area for Vulnerable Children and Families. They also provide great professional development to Educators.

Cons

every one needs to be acknowledge for the hard work that we do and put in to above a beyond our job requirements

Advice to Management

try to find out more about each service and when visiting please make it a priority to go say Hi to all the Educators working on the floor.

Goodstart Early Learning2019-06-14
  2. "Absolutely fantastic to work for"

Current Employee - Enrolment Support

I have been working at Goodstart Early Learning full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Goodstart are incredible to work for. The have been very supportive across the two roles I've had with them and work hard to keep their staff happy and provide them with new opportunities internally

Cons

occasional sudden management changes can sometiems cause issues but they always have someone ready to step up

Goodstart Early Learning2019-05-23

Discover more reviews about Goodstart Early Learning.