Groundswell Group - Not a good culture | Glassdoor.com.au

"Not a good culture"

I have been working at Groundswell Group

Pros

Great people you work with

Cons

Politics not merit is how you get in senior leadership team

Advice to Management

Merits should be how people advance

Groundswell Group2019-03-06

Groundswell Group Response

October 11, 2019Communications & Engagment Specialist

Thank you for your review. Groundswell is not 100% free of the dreaded "politics" that all organizations struggle with. That being said, we do feel our focus on psychological safety, and open truthful communication has paid off. Our Leadership team has recently navigated a very difficult year filled with many internal changes and challenges. We do feel 2020 is set to be one of strongest years yet because of the learnings we took from these challenges. I encourage you to open a dialogue with your manager, or even peers should you continue to feel frustrated. Leadership is not boxed at Groundswell. We have MANY leaders without a title, and if you feel you should be one of them, speak up.

Other Employee Reviews

"Great Leadership, and Amazing Culture!"

Current Employee - Communications Specialist in Calgary, AB

I have been working at Groundswell Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Groundswell is my 2nd home! I have been with the organization for almost 8 years, and they have seen me through many phases of my life. The leaders are self-aware, and focus on building their employees, I am an example of this. I started as a receptionist, and with their support went back to school to build the career I have today. The work/life balance is incredible. At Groundswell, I am able to have a career, and... still actively participate in my family life.

Cons

Of course, in 8 years, there have been some tough days and months. I feel supported to bring my best self at Groundswell, but also know it's okay when I can't.

Groundswell Group2019-06-17

"Unmotivated team"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Groundswell Group full-time

Pros

Technology knowledge is great, with training provided and paid for as part of package

Cons

Team is unmotivated. Tasks are finished in double the time, and all is fine because it's the clients that pay. The leadership team is very weak and uninspiring. They just do placements and resourcing jobs that any head hunter can do better.

Advice to Management

Better and more engaging leaders

Groundswell Group2019-06-13

Groundswell Group Response

June 17, 2019Communications & Engagment Specialist

Good Day, Obviously we are very discouraged to read a review like this from a current employee. We appreciate everyone's experience is different, but our leadership is highly focused on creating an environment polar opposite to your review. At Groundswell, our Consulting Mission is to provide the best results for our clients, and that can often mean sacrificing future work. We are focused on building a long term brand that our clients trust; this is one of the many reasons we are an employee based organization and always have been. I highly encourage you to reach out to Management, Leadership, or myself to explain your personal experience. I for one would be very appreciative for this kind of honest and open communication. We cannot improve if we don't understand the concerns. Katie Murray, Communications

Discover more reviews about Groundswell Group.