Hewlett-Packard - Awful environment for sales | Glassdoor.com.au
There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

"Awful environment for sales"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager
Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Market leading compensation rates - realistic top tier was around 15% commission (on $500k+ worth of deals in a single Q).

Cons

No sales support, awful CRM, management and sales reps treated as commodities. Churn and burn environment. NO account ownership - every account is up for grabs, and you'd spend 1/2 your time or more fending off other reps trying to sell the same product to your accounts - potentially from across the country.

Advice to Management

Enable sales, don't treat them like useless mindless monkeys.

Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

"Good place to start, but don't stay"

Current Employee - IT Analyst in Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - IT Analyst in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My first job out of school, so I have to thank them for that. My peers are great, but recently at least half my group left, because we're all being held back, severely over-worked and underpaid. Lower management (my direct supervisor and their boss) are great and attentive to me and my peers, but upper management who sits in the office with us all share a very discouraging elitist attitude.

Cons

(Upper) management elitism. We use YEARS old technology to do our jobs, which makes us highly unproductive. They give us the cheapest, slowest equipment the company sells to work off of. With so many CEO turnovers, no one has a CLUE what direction this once great company is going. Pay is below market for my area at least. Promotion are VERY few and far between. My team is highly discouraged because as good as all of us are after several YEARS of dedication, the company demoralizes us by keeping us at New Hire status (and pay).

Advice to Management

Take time to show appreciation to your team. And not buying t-shirts or walking around pretending to care about us. We are the world's largest technology firm, yet we use the most outdated, antiquated equipment and technologies. Listen to us when we have suggestions for newer/faster technologies.

2. "It's mixed trend; the best company to work in the past to the mediocre"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Bengaluru (India)
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Bengaluru (India)

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There are Very Few (Country specific) - best at work life balance, you will get access to best in class learning material/infrastructure

Cons

There are many (Country specific) - work place politics, diminished cultural standards, transparency as a fancy word than practical. less compensation and very few opportunities to do "Excellent work"