1. "Fantastic Benefits & Culture"

5.0
    Current Employee - Recruitment Executive

I have been working at Holiday Extras full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Holiday Extras benefits are fantastic and amongst them is our new Holiday Extras “Wanderlust Collection” which gives HX’ers paid and unpaid sabbaticals to reward long service, as well as the option to work from anywhere in the world for two weeks. I recently spent one week working remotely from the beautiful Italian city of Turin! My partner travels for work and often spends long stretches away from home, meaning we don’t get to see as much of each other as we’d like. This benefit allowed me to spend some important time with my partner as well as giving me some all important space to get creative and really push ahead with some project work. One of the side effects of my “work and travel” experience was that through booking our products I got to experience them as a customer would. I booked my travel extras using our new app and was amazed to see the updates made since my last booking; no longer having to print passes for security fast track is an organisational win! I booked an airport hotel, hire car and travelled to the airport by train…. And felt I was able to give some really useful developmental feedback whilst I was away and when I returned on the products and reported some technical gremlins that were immediately resolved! Although it was a great experience, one of the biggest challenges for me was my concern around not being in the office. As someone who thrives off interaction with others I thought working in a hotel room was going to really affect my energy levels; boy was I wrong! Holiday Extras is a fantastic place to work as a remote worker, my colleagues made sure that every meeting was remote friendly opting for shared docs to input into rather than whiteboards; it felt like I was in the office…. Just with more sunshine and a stunning view of the alps from my room. I also conducted several interviews over video conference alongside my colleagues based in the wave, which was great as it reinforced to the candidates that we really do take advantage of the benefits we offer. I was in constant contact with the team and it was great to experience all of our usual events like team stand ups and our company all hands (shout out) which are all accessible by video conference or streamed live on workplace (our intranet). During the weekend, my partner and I took a trip to the Italian Riviera (using our Holiday Extras hire car) where we rented an airbnb in a beautiful fishing village right on the beach. This was a perfect way to kick off the trip, after arriving at 9.am on Friday and doing a full days work we loaded the car and headed to the coast! When we returned on the Sunday evening it felt like we’d been on a week mini break, and I was ready to work the rest of the week from the hotel. The week flew by with lots of tasks being ticked off the to-do list at lightning speed. I felt rejuvenated by the break and energised by the new surroundings, developing creative solutions to tasks and blockers whilst taking a wander around the city during my evenings exploring the tourist spots. HX “work and travel” is a fantastic benefit and I’d encourage everyone to use it if they can, it gives HX’ers a real insight into our products and our customers. And most importantly it enables you to make the most of your time, manage your energy and boost creativity!

Cons

I cant think of any that aren't being addressed... Just some advice I guess that will follow below.

Continue reading

Holiday Extras Response

October 22, 2019Group People Director

Thank you for your review. It was fantastic to read about your travels! Our belief is that time is precious and holidays are the most precious time we have. This is why we launched our Wanderlust benefits collection last year to help HXers live every experience to the full, whether it’s at work or in their personal lives. We’re hugely proud of these benefits and the difference they make to people. It’s great to hear how you embraced our Work and Travel benefit (especially in a beautiful country like Italy!). It’s wonderful to hear that it enabled you to spend more time with your partner and make new memories together - that’s what it’s all about! We know that travelling can help inspire and offer people new perspectives - in all sorts of ways as you experienced. We love how you used this time to step into the shoes of a customer; only by doing this can we truly understand their needs and transform the way that people travel. We’re privileged to have such a dedicated and passionate team to help make this happen. With our growing community of people working remotely and our approach to flexible working, it’s vital that we are set-up for success. We have invested in tech and communication tools as well as adopting different working practices so that people’s experiences are the same no matter where they are. It requires a different mindset and approach but we’re committed to this in order to create a new future for how we work. We are always learning, so get in touch if you’ve identified throughout your travels anything more we can do. Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback...and next time, send us a postcard! :)

1. "decent"

4.0

I worked at Holiday Extras full-time

Pros

nice coworkers and a good supervisor

Cons

long hours and short staffed

Holiday Extras Response

November 5, 2019Group People Director

Thank you for your review. We%E2%80%99re pleased to hear that you enjoyed working with your team and supervisor while you were at Holiday Extras. Our team%E2%80%99s wellbeing is our first priority. This includes making sure that we support each other so that everyone can achieve a balance between their home and work lives. As such, we were sorry to read your comments about your hours. If possible, we%E2%80%99d like to understand more about this and the team you were in so we can explore this further. If you are able to get in contact, my email address is: kwakeman@holidayextras.com. We also hope that you were able to communicate any concerns while you were here. We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for your feedback and we wish you all the best for the future.

2. "Great company"

5.0
    Current Employee - Marketing Assistant in Ashford, Kent, South East England, England

I have been working at Holiday Extras full-time

Pros

Staff Benefits, colleagues, low staff turnover, great work environment

Cons

Pay in some departments lower compared to other roles in area

Discover more reviews about Holiday Extras.