1. "Good but pay is below average"

4.0
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Holiday Extras full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good work life balance, friendly people. Excellent profit sharing. Can work from home.

Cons

Pay is not transparent. Pay is always lowballed without any negotiation.

Holiday Extras Response

November 21, 2019Group People Director

Thank you for your review. It’s great to hear your comments about the friendliness of the team. It’s really important to our culture that we communicate in a way which is human, helpful and friendly - to each other and our customers. It’s also fantastic to hear that you have a good work-life balance - this is what we strive for and is at the heart of who we are and everything we do. Through our approach to things like flexible working, we want to empower our teams to have careers that work for them. While you see our profit share bonus as a positive, we’re sorry to read the rest of your comments about our pay processes. Over the last few years we have made strides towards greater transparency so that everyone is confident and informed about how pay decisions are made. Through feedback received in our last Engagement Check-in, we recognise the need to do more however, which is why we’re making further changes this year so that people have a better understanding of their total reward package and their future earning potential. Thanks again for taking the time to leave your review. We hope you were able to share your feedback in our very recent Engagement Check-in but you do speak to your manager or someone in my team if you’d prefer a conversation. You can also feed-back and ask questions at the Head of Tech Delivery’s AMA (Ask Me Anything) monthly sessions.

1. "decent"

4.0

I worked at Holiday Extras full-time

Pros

nice coworkers and a good supervisor

Cons

long hours and short staffed

Holiday Extras Response

November 5, 2019Group People Director

Thank you for your review. We%E2%80%99re pleased to hear that you enjoyed working with your team and supervisor while you were at Holiday Extras. Our team%E2%80%99s wellbeing is our first priority. This includes making sure that we support each other so that everyone can achieve a balance between their home and work lives. As such, we were sorry to read your comments about your hours. If possible, we%E2%80%99d like to understand more about this and the team you were in so we can explore this further. If you are able to get in contact, my email address is: kwakeman@holidayextras.com. We also hope that you were able to communicate any concerns while you were here. We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for your feedback and we wish you all the best for the future.

2. "Great company"

5.0
    Current Employee - Marketing Assistant in Ashford, Kent, South East England, England

I have been working at Holiday Extras full-time

Pros

Staff Benefits, colleagues, low staff turnover, great work environment

Cons

Pay in some departments lower compared to other roles in area

Discover more reviews about Holiday Extras.