"Great place to work, that's easily connected to the whole of Kent and London"

5.0
    Current Employee - Product Specialist in Hythe, Kent, South East England, England

I have been working at Holiday Extras full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have worked for Holiday Extras (or HX as it is affectionally known by it's employees) for a over 10 years now, to what was only originally meant to be a temporary position. HX is a progressive company that has always been open to new ideas; whether it's adopting a new style of developing the website (agile), to encouraging working from home to ensure you have a good work-life balance. HX have always encouraged internal progression, irrespective of your position. There are a number of directors that started their careers in the contact centre or administration roles, and proves that commitment and hard word pays off. There are great company benefits that are open to all from the moment you join. Whether this be a generous pension scheme, to cinema ticket discounts. All can be accessed is a secure intranet that allows you to manage your perks. In addition, long service is rewarded - free private health care after 4 years. There is a real sense that everyone cares about the future of HX, and is encouraged with quarterly payments of profit-share - the more the business earns, the more we as individuals are rewarded. These are just a few examples of what makes HX a great place to work - there are more reasons, but will be here all day!

Cons

Genuinely there isn't that many cons. As internal progression and development is encouraged, it makes it a hard place to leave!

Holiday Extras2015-12-14
  1. "decent"

4.0

I worked at Holiday Extras full-time

Pros

nice coworkers and a good supervisor

Cons

long hours and short staffed

Holiday Extras2019-10-30

Holiday Extras Response

November 5, 2019Group People Director

Thank you for your review. We%E2%80%99re pleased to hear that you enjoyed working with your team and supervisor while you were at Holiday Extras. Our team%E2%80%99s wellbeing is our first priority. This includes making sure that we support each other so that everyone can achieve a balance between their home and work lives. As such, we were sorry to read your comments about your hours. If possible, we%E2%80%99d like to understand more about this and the team you were in so we can explore this further. If you are able to get in contact, my email address is: kwakeman@holidayextras.com. We also hope that you were able to communicate any concerns while you were here. We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for your feedback and we wish you all the best for the future.

2. "Fantastic company to work for"

5.0
    Current Employee - PPC Executive in Hythe, Kent, South East England, England

I have been working at Holiday Extras full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great working together attitude, feels like a family with great initiatives. Well organised from the top down, and senior leadership team really care about every employee

Cons

Not really any downsides, maybe pay slightly less than average

Holiday Extras2020-01-08

Discover more reviews about Holiday Extras.