Holiday Extras - Great place to work, that's easily connected to the whole of Kent and London | Glassdoor.com.au

"Great place to work, that's easily connected to the whole of Kent and London"

Current Employee - Product Specialist in Hythe, Kent, South East England, England

I have been working at Holiday Extras full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have worked for Holiday Extras (or HX as it is affectionally known by it's employees) for a over 10 years now, to what was only originally meant to be a temporary position. HX is a progressive company that has always been open to new ideas; whether it's adopting a new style of developing the website (agile), to encouraging working from home to ensure you have a good work-life balance. HX have always encouraged...

Cons

Genuinely there isn't that many cons. As internal progression and development is encouraged, it makes it a hard place to leave!

Holiday Extras2015-12-14
  1. "The best CEO ever!"

Former Employee - Team Leader/Travel Consultant in Ash, South East England, England

I worked at Holiday Extras full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Values driven work culture,, fantastic benefits, profit share each quarter, monthly coaching and 121’s, free parking, teas, coffees, weekly business updates via “Shout out,” beautiful outdoor space to work and play, working from home. CEO MATT PACK is an amazing human being. Compassionate, kind and genuine. He has an open door policy and he listens. He is the “do right man!” A true leader whom I will never forget and...

Cons

I can honestly say there are no Cons for me. They always strive to be better.

Advice to Management

Show more care and compassion to those people who are truly vulnerable and deserving of being heard. There is no “one size fits all!” Sometimes you have to think outside of the box. Be courageous and speak to your hierarchy about individual situations and circumstances. Your lack of compassion can have disastrous consequences.

Holiday Extras2019-08-11

"Great company to work for"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Holiday Extras full-time for more than a year

Pros

Remote working Nice people Nurturing culture

Cons

Salary lower than market average

Advice to Management

To the board and more senior management - let go of the reins a bit more. You’ve got extremely smart and talented employees who can make good decisions. It can be demoralising when you are an expert in a certain field to be told how to do your job. I’m not speaking for myself, but on behalf of colleagues. Pay better wages to retain your better employees.

Holiday Extras2019-07-28

Discover more reviews about Holiday Extras.