"Glamorous and Sophisticated from the outside, stressful and nasty on the inside."

2.0
    Former Employee - Boutique Manager in Perth, Western Australia

I worked at Honey Birdette full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great incentives if you are really good at your job including international trips, Louboutins and money to spend on product in store ( - Some amazing work mates - Beautiful stores to work in - Getting dressed up for work every day (looking and feeling amazing)

Cons

- Getting dressed up for work every day (having to get up an hour early to put on a full face of makeup and wearing heels all shift). I wasn't able to feel the bottoms of my feet while working here and had to invest in a foot spa. You also have to constantly spend money as you're expected to show off current collections. Dress code is very strict down to what hair colour you have and what nail polish you wear - and of course, ALWAYS with a red pout. - HORRID upper management including a CEO who verbally abuses staff and rather than support them when an incident happens in store (whether theft or an unfair and undeserved customer complaint) sends passive aggressive or even just outwardly aggressive emails. Pressure on Area/State Managers who then put pressure on Store Managers and staff to perform and staff are fired if they aren't performing with no attempts to help them improve - Western Australia had around 5 or 6 AMs within a year of the time that I worked there. - Massive pressure to meet personal sales targets (and store-based for managerial staff) - both of which are very unrealistic - which results in sales stealing and huge amounts of stress with girls constantly obsessing over numbers. Also resulted in customers saying they felt pressured to buy and refusing to shop in some stores or with certain girls. - Very little formal training and support from management and then abuse when you don't know what they expect you to know without having actually taught you. - A rotating door of staff because of the horrible culture and being sacked for meeting unrealistic targets. On the upside it means you can go from casual to store manager in weeks because everyone either quits or is fired. - A stupid amount of unpaid expected overtime - you are expected to be there 15 mins early to open the store (unpaid) and only get 10 mins after official close time to shut up shop, but if customers are in the store you cannot close the doors and they can stay as long as they want. I had customers keep me 2 hours after close time and bought nothing but I couldn't tell them to leave and you do not get paid for this. Regular staff meetings/training (which is mostly just state managers ranting about how you need to sell more because they are stressed out) most of which are not paid. 5 hour shifts with no toilet breaks. Often left in store alone for 4 hours and not allowed to close the doors if you need to pee. Mostly working alone unless you are in a flagship (usually the capital cities) store.

Continue reading
  1. "Honey Birdette USA"

5.0
    Current Employee - Customer Obsessive and In Store Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Honey Birdette full-time for more than a year

Pros

- always opportunities for growth, after about 3-4 months at HB I was offered learning opportunities to grow and become ASM, SM, and more as well as all more opportunities to work online, to curate events and work the events as well - supportive management team, when personal emergencies came up (as they do) I was met with understanding and offered to stay home or have my shift covered- at prior jobs I would be met with a "so what" attitude that I have not experienced at HB - transparency about upcoming projects and policies + why they're important, yes there's high targets but current US management does a great job as to why those targets are important and should be met - Really good pay for a starting wage compared to other jobs (well above minimum wage)

Cons

- Yes, wearing heels is a part of the uniform however, the height is your choice and if needed you can wear professional flats (injury, tired- first and last hour of shift etc, when running errands- trash, restroom, etc) - Small teams in store (1-3 Honey's on the floor at most, usually 2) - If you're not adaptable to a quick paced environment HB is not for you, there are high performance targets, full shifts (4, 6, 8 hours), operations and tasks to maintain whilst tending to clients. During rush hours it does become a lot to handle- it is a supportive environment but designed for quick learners and people who can multi-task well.

2. "Unsure..."

Current Employee - Retail Sales Assistant in Sydney

I have been working at Honey Birdette part-time

Pros

discount, female environment, beautiful high quality products

Cons

promises unfulfilled, old computer system, drama

Discover more reviews about Honey Birdette.