"Life in Sales @ HubSpot Sydney"

4.0
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Sydney

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good place to work for, great benefits and recently fixed pay so you can expect to be happy from a compensation perspective. If you’re a high achiever, expect good stock incentives, commission and international travel perks, some of the best I have seen. You can expect some fairly good flexibility when it comes to taking extended holidays, time off and working away, depending on the manager. Really good senior leadership outside of ANZ, although you don’t get to meet a lot of them, expect to still be guided by smart people. When leaders do respect you, they do everything they can to help your career at HubSpot. It’s a great atmosphere in that sense. You will have a crazy amount of people who want to talk to you and love HubSpot. In order to win here, expect to work hard and smart, be a great at telling stories and have a consultive sales approach.

Cons

Hubspot ANZ focuses too much on internal hiring, which naturally results in the wrong people for the job. HubSpot does a really bad job at sourcing for managers externally, some of the worst I have come across. Expect your manager to be incredibly green / new and rely on good reps to mentor you. If you expect the manager to guide you, you will fail in this setting as you will feel like you’re teaching them how to manage people. This could change in the future, however is a current pain in the office. Managers come in with no training, so in a way you can’t blame them, but just be mindful of this. Working flexibility arrangements aren’t the same in ANZ, so be careful about reading the culture code and expecting the same in our office, because it won’t be. This is the same for reps at 70% of target or 150% of target, so don’t expect to be a high achiever and have more flexibility. It’s a very young office, so you will need to be okay with heaps of banter, silly chats and young people. I don’t mind this but you will need to be aware of this culture. Average age is probably 24-26. You might complain about culture, or fill out our quarterly ENPS to give feedback. Expect nothing to be actioned, but constantly here “we’re working on how we can improve this”. My 2 cents is that because everyone is so green, they don’t know where to start.

Continue reading
    HubSpot2018-04-01

HubSpot Response

April 5, 2018Chief People Officer

Thanks for your feedback on SydSpot and HubSpot and for helping our sales team in ANZ grow. It sounds like you've experienced some really good elements of HubSpot life and have some solid perspective that perhaps some of your colleagues don't around the nature of sales. With that said, some of your concerns around manager preparedness, hiring, and flexibility concern me, and while it may not seem like we respond to ENPS commentary from Cambridge, Jeetu and I have spent many evenings chatting through feedback by location including Sydney, so I'm sad to hear you don't feel any of the impact of your feedback being shared. If you're comfortable doing so, I'd love to hear more about your feedback and set up time to hear from you directly. If not, thanks for sharing this either way, with its good elements and room for improvement-it gives me helpful feedback we can use as we continue to grow the Sydney team and our presence in ANZ. Sincerely, Katie

1. "Good place to be a BDR"

5.0
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at HubSpot full-time

Pros

- Solid product to sell, can sell everything not just a specific product - Shortest BDR Tenure I could find - Promotion based on metrics

Cons

None that I could think of

HubSpot2020-05-01
  2. "I have heard of this business it would be good for People that have disability to get this job"

Former Employee - Business Analyst
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at HubSpot full-time

Pros

Good pay and easy to work

Cons

When it come with clients or phone call to deal with angrily customers

HubSpot2020-05-30

Discover more reviews about HubSpot.