"Appalling culture of bullying and bad practice"

1.0

I worked at Innovate UK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good pay for a town wage

Cons

Bullying is rife from senior staff and anyone who isn't monitored closely. Bullies are almost always paid off and incompetence is also rewarded. The introduction of the new CEO assisted in this organisation becoming a hellish place to work. Directors have been and remain dangerously incompetent in HR, Finance, Communications and the CEO herself. Turning a blind eye and burying what's going on in her quest to be recognised by government. This organisation needs to be audited at every level.

Innovate UK2017-05-09

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Does not like to support their own"

2.0
    Current Employee - Analyst in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England

I have been working at Innovate UK part-time for more than a year

Pros

good benefit and other members of staff are great to work with

Cons

does not like to hire 'up' internally when you do get this opportunity, refuse to match salaries to others who came into the exact same position externally. Was offered a management position for my current pay despite others coming in for higher salaries. Like to spout that they are a work/life balance friendly but had two requested for alternative work arrangements shut down when I had to get a recommendation for a Dr, and HR proceeded to make my life difficult during this transition.

Continue reading
    Innovate UK2020-05-26
  2. "Good Place to Work"

5.0
    Current Employee - Management Accountant in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England

I have been working at Innovate UK full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Friendly and supportive organisation with good training opportunities, lots of opportunities to develop and progress, great managers.

Cons

As with any public sector organisation, decision making and change can be slow.

Innovate UK2020-04-14

Discover more reviews about Innovate UK.