1. "Good Place to Work"

5.0
    Current Employee - Management Accountant in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England

I have been working at Innovate UK full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Friendly and supportive organisation with good training opportunities, lots of opportunities to develop and progress, great managers.

Cons

As with any public sector organisation, decision making and change can be slow.

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Does not like to support their own"

2.0
    Current Employee - Analyst in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England

I have been working at Innovate UK part-time for more than a year

Pros

good benefit and other members of staff are great to work with

Cons

does not like to hire 'up' internally when you do get this opportunity, refuse to match salaries to others who came into the exact same position externally. Was offered a management position for my current pay despite others coming in for higher salaries. Like to spout that they are a work/life balance friendly but had two requested for alternative work arrangements shut down when I had to get a recommendation for a Dr, and HR proceeded to make my life difficult during this transition.

Continue reading
  2. "Not as good as it should be"

Former Employee - Regional Manager in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England

I worked at Innovate UK full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay and conditions, work life balance, variey

Cons

Its more like a government department than a business. No connection between activity and mission (no numerical KPIs so how do you know if you're doing a good job?) Management is cliquey, senior management even more so, and so promotion is based on relationships not merit.

Continue reading

Discover more reviews about Innovate UK.