Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants - Best Self | Glassdoor.com.au

Find your next job here

"Best Self"

Current Employee - Director of Food and Beverage in San Francisco, CA (US)
Current Employee - Director of Food and Beverage in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Kimpton is the best company I have had the pleasure to work for. If you are looking for an organization who has your back, supports you, develops you and trusts your entrepreneurial spirit then this is where you want to be. Many companies value average results and average experiences. At Kimpton I am part of a culture that challenges me to be my best self, challenges me to be a leader in the industry and also surrounds my team and I with some of the best leaders in the industry. You don't become one of the best places to work in fortune magazine by accident. It is achieved with respect, motivation, accountability and leaders who inspire you to grow each and everyday and move mountains for us to do what we do best, which is to serve our guests.

Cons

Hard to find be happy all the time!!

Advice to Management

If you are looking to be your best self, then surround yourself with the best leaders. A company like Kimpton attracts only the best, genuine leadership that lead by example and love hospitality and guest service more then any other company I have ever worked with.

Other Employee Reviews for Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants

1. "With Kimpton you're family"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR (US)

I have been working at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Supportive environment with a focus on both career growth and self growth opportunities. Resources like Kimpton University classes, the Mentor program and various other options along with managers that support your desire to grow within the company makes for an ideal environment that can lead to a successful career. As long as your willing to work it, their willing to work with you!

Cons

Benefits are comparable to other companies, would love to see Kimpton step up and offer paid maternity/paternity leave for hourly employees in addition to those who are salaried.

2. "General Manager"

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Kimpton is a place where you can truly be you. We encourage diversity of thought, experience and backgrounds. It's a place where growth is a real possibility.

Cons

There should be more hotels...

Advice to Management

More hotels...more opportunity.