1. "Cool technology and awesome people!"

5.0
    Current Employee - Senior Director Engineering

I have been working at Kony full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

1) Great base salaries 2) Amazing group of talented folks 3) Great tools and technology stack 4) Diverse portfolio of industry verticals to choose as your workstream 5) Room to grow in your career path

Cons

1) Low contribution from the company on 401-K

"Positive environment"

5.0
    Current Employee - Current Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Kony full-time for less than a year

Pros

- beautiful office - There is a ton of natural light and pleasant colors, and the office is clean (this may seem like a given, but I've worked at many places that were just icky) and has a nice layout/feel. It's always nice to work in a pleasant environment. - awesome onboarding - I'm relatively new to the comment, and the onboarding process was great, certainly the best of any jobs I've had. They were in regular contact during the time in between accepting the offer and starting work, which was appreciated, and went over everything I would need right away (like benefit setup, 401k, payroll, etc) instead of waiting like many places do. Accounts were mostly ready to go from the start. The Mobilizer Launch meeting was seriously one of the best things. They explained the history, the goals, and the culture of the company (including the focus on contributing to the community), and it's great to know they have clear goals and are so proactive about making Kony a positive environment. - nice people - Most of the people I have met have been very welcoming and kind. For the most part, there was no "outsider" time period like you feel at many companies. - supportive management - My management/department was very supportive and made sure I had what I needed when I started and have been extremely open to questions. From what I've observed, it is the same for other departments as well. - flexible times - PTO and exact schedules are not rigid, "be here at this exact minute." So far, the work/life balance has been wonderful. - feeling productive - Because it's a smaller company, the work I do feels important, like it's actually accomplishing something. This is compared to larger companies I've been at where it really doesn't matter in the grand scheme if I am there or not (which can be pretty disheartening day after day). It's great to feel like I'm part of a team getting things done.

Cons

- the people - Pros and cons here. While the majority have been very welcoming, some are less so. Not rude, just not especially friendly. It remains to be seen if this is because there are so many new people (hopefully as new hires, not replacements), or if they are just standoffish/keep to yourself kind of people. - work level - Again, pros and cons. This hasn't been an issue for me at this point, but I could see how being a smaller company, with each role being somewhat crucial, could potentially cause some stress if you feel overwhelmed by the amount of work. However, it seems they are hiring to keep up with demand, so hopefully this wouldn't become an issue.

Continue reading
  2. "Nepotism reigns supreme"

2.0
    Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at Kony full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

decent work environment, some nice people

Cons

don't plan on ever being promoted unless you're related to, married to, or sleeping with someone in upper management

Discover more reviews about Kony.