1. "Great job while studying or working towards something else"

Former Employee - Skin Care Consultant in Melbourne
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at L'Oréal part-time for more than a year

Pros

L'Oreal offers an excellent social aspect and a lot of quality training and experience in sales. The job perks are wonderful with free products and the management team is really friendly and easy to approach. If you are working here while studying its an excellent job, however, if you do want to pursue a career in beauty or management there are a lot of opportunities and room for progression. They also work hard to recognise staff achievements and the in-store events can be really fun when they are successful.

Cons

While state management is really friendly and easy to approach, I found there was often a huge lack of communication and a lot of disorganization. Some of the managers had almost too much of a laid back attitude and there was sometimes a blurr between social & business relationships. The counters can sometimes go for months without resources such as testers/samples with no explanation and it can be frowned upon for you to follow up yourself. If you have a permanent position higher management will generally look out for you a bit more but I found that casuals were often forgotten about/left in the dark about their hours/shifts. There were many times where there were problems with the roster and a few issues with payroll which could be very frustrating. The 'OneLuxe' approach is great in theory and did create a lot of support between the different teams within stores; however, it's way too much work for the state managers to handle on their own and I think that's where the discrepancies in organisation and lack of communication came from.

Continue reading

"Product Performance and Innovation"

5.0
    Current Employee - Director in Clark, NJ

I have been working at L'Oréal full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Worklife balance, Creative and challenging

Cons

Top heavy, Slow in innovating

2. "Excellent place to develop"

5.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at L'Oréal full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are so many growth opportunities. If you are potentially willing to move, there are so many brands and areas of expertise to move into. They really care about their employees - for the interns who cannot extend into full time, they are offering panels, career services, ways to keep in contact, and self brand imaging. Work wise, I have been given ample opportunities to own projects and show my leadership.

Cons

The only con is the amount of politics involved. This is to be expected in such a large, established company but sometimes the politics play a role in decision making.

Discover more reviews about L'Oréal.