Employee Review

1. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Bad culture, bad management, some very good people

Oct 21, 2020 - Senior Product Manager in Santiago
    Business Outlook

Pros

Besides the great brands and lovely products, the people there is trying their best to thrive on a fast paced company with no guidelines, no clear processes and mostly top-down policy. There is a lot of benefits, such as extra paid time off, free courses and free products (although in my country there's no way to buy what you want with discount. Forget about it!).

Cons

The culture is really bad. People scream and curse to each other on meetings and one have no autonomy, even in higher roles such as directors, as you need to do as you're told so. People work from 8h to 23h and that seems normal and expected. If you are a fresh undergrad and really competitive, it can be a great fit. However, if you have family, especially kids, it can be really tough. I suffered psychological harassment from direct management and when searched for help, HR said this person had already made it several times before, but when confronted last time, she said she was going to change. HR confessed having no authority to do anything. So I left and even so, had to hear that "I was going to lose the job of my dreams and I would regret for the rest of my life, and they wouldn't accept me back when I come running asking for my job again". I didn't.

3 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Thanks

Jun 17, 2021 - Marketing Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good experiences helped me grow

Cons

Too much work never ended

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Company is good, Employees overworked.

Jul 15, 2021 - Customer Service Analyst in Cranbury, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

L'Oreal offers good pay and you are able to learn a lot of skills. Its clear that they are concerned with diversity, inclusion and the overall morale of the business. Benefits are good but could be better. They do a good job of promoting within. There is very little micromanaging within this department and they encourage ownership and accountability.

Cons

Customer service does not offer a lot of upward promotional opportunities. In order to advance as a member of customer service, you need to move to a different department. Company wont work towards full time work from home, even though job can be done from home.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about L'Oréal.