"From one budding recruiting leader to another: LABUR is a great place to be."

Current Employee - Associate in Boston, MA

I have been working at LABUR full-time for less than a year

Pros

My story early on here at LABUR has been exciting, challenging, rewarding and everything I had hoped for (and more). I started out by inserting myself into the LABUR culture and process and offering up my industry experience to better that process as well as the delivery team. I was drawn initially to LABUR because of the way they describe partnering with clients and bridging the gap between strategic and tactical execution. That really spoke to me; a relational approach to business, while rare in the staffing and recruiting industry, is how I like to operate. Since joining, the leadership team has been open minded and creative about how to use my skills. While plugging in where the business needs me most, I am also being asked mindful questions, like “What’s important to you?” Internal relationships here are managed with care and precision, just as much as the consultative, strategic relationships we have with our consultants and clients are. Like the business, the consultants are elite. This means it takes longer to build meaningful relationships, but they’re long-lasting and deliberate. LABUR has been the ideal place for my skill set and priorities.

Cons

Nothing glaring, I enjoy going to work at LABUR every day and the focus on continuous improvement is constant!

Other Employee Reviews

1. "First-Year Associate: What I’ve Learned and What I’m Excited About"

Current Employee - Associate in Boston, MA

I have been working at LABUR full-time for more than a year

Pros

Getting to work closely with the CEO of the firm every day still hits home with me. The fact that my business and the work I do hits his desk on a day-to-day basis has resulted in huge opportunities for me – but it also meant overcoming a pretty big learning curve. To be successful, I’ve matched the senior associates all around me to be better and learn more. Overall, it’s been a very constructive first year, and the amount I’ve learned, in general, cannot be matched. My favorite part about this job since day one – and it still holds true today – is that we get to talk to really great people every day, and that’s what keeps me going during my most challenging moments.

Cons

As a company, we’re working on more day-to-day wins for all associates. It’s a lot of hard work and late days, but I’m excited about where we’re heading.

Continue reading
  2. "Relationship focused, a great place to work and grow"

I have been working at LABUR full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

When I joined LABUR the company was less than a year old. What drew me in was the opportunity to be a part of something that was new and growing, to develop relationships and partnerships, and to help people in their careers. It was exciting back then (nearly 11 years ago) and it’s still just as exciting. Each day is different but there’s a lot of stability in the way we do business – which is to put people first and to focus on delivering a quality experience. What I love most about LABUR is the opportunity to grow. There aren’t any lanes you have to stay in, there’s flexibility and ownership in what we do. There’s also problem solving, and I really enjoy helping people find solutions to the challenges they’re facing – for clients that can be finding a highly niche technical professional and for consultants it can be finding them the ideal contract with a great company. You can see our commitment to relationships by the tenure of the individuals who stay here, they stay longer than what is ‘industry norm’ and that’s because we take the time to get to know the people behind resumes – that’s true internally and with our consultants. We drill down to ask the right questions, and to get to know people on a personal level. I love my job.

Cons

We’ve come a long way in our processes and operations. No cons to speak of, just looking forward to continuing to grow while staying true to our roots of being a relationship-based business.

Continue reading

Discover more reviews about LABUR.