There are newer employer reviews for MTV Networks

I worked as a marketing intern and the experience was worthwhile!

Former Intern - Marketing Intern in New York, NY (US)
Former Intern - Marketing Intern in New York, NY (US)

I worked at MTV Networks as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

You are included in all meetings and get to interact will all levels of management. Great work culture! Not a typical uptight suit and tie corporation. Many employees, including top executives were very easy to talk to.

Cons

I don't have any cons to mention.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Intern experience

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Santa Monica, CA (US)
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Santa Monica, CA (US)

I worked at MTV Networks as an intern

Pros

the culture there was very laid back and diverse, people are friendly and willing to help,I loved that so many other networks were involved

Cons

the traffic is horrible and you may run out of things to do being an intern, it doesn't help being sized up as an intern

Advice to Management

involving interns with more job related tasks

2. Good Interning Experience

Current Intern - Junior Financial Analyst in New York, NY (US)
    Current Intern - Junior Financial Analyst in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at MTV Networks as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

It was an extremely fun environment (most departments). The financial department is what it is. Nothing exciting there.. even at MTV. But every floor has a different personality. Love that aspect. Most of the people, whether freelancers or employees were very friendly, and laid back. The dress code was also very relaxed. In the summers, they allow employees a bit of flex time on Fridays. (not sure, but I'm sure they still continue this policy)

Cons

They aren't so eager to hire full time employees. The salaries aren't the most competitive, but that comes with the territory in media and communications, I assume. What you don't get in pay does make up in salary though depending on what department you work in, and the connections you have. While some are friendly, some aspects are just cold and it was better to email everything than to talk. But if that's your cup of tea, not much of a con, eh?