"Great place to work!"

5.0

I worked at MediaMath full-time

Pros

- Extremely intelligent group of people who are always happy to help each other - Great culture with regular team outings and and impromptu events - There are many departments in the company so there is always something new to learn - Flexible working arrangements - Highly respected company - Strong relationship with all clients and industry peers

Cons

Nothing I can think of.

"MediaMath is changing"

5.0
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at MediaMath full-time

Pros

New leadership, transparency, flexibility, accountability for results. These are all things that were lacking when I started 2 years ago and it is very exciting to be part of this transformation.

Cons

Make sure we do not over commit to doing too many things and revert back to old ways.

"Great place to grow your career"

4.0
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at MediaMath full-time for less than a year

Pros

Really big, interesting CS problems to work on. No futzing about with weak tea python/nodejs services you would have at your average CRUD SASS company. You have to use serious tools because the scale is bigtime. Many services have to handle billions of requests/datapoints hourly. Working on these kinds of problems is how you grow as an engineer. The company has comparable scale to FAANG but cant/doesnt pay as well, but they compensate for it by being really chill. No expectation of long hours, no packing stressful amounts of work into sprints. Want to actually use your unlimited PTO? No problem. You have kids and errands? No problem. Very flexible WFH policies. Right now we have summer Friday where every Friday is a half day. Netflix would pay more, but having your life back is priceless.

Cons

10 years of techdebt overhang that slows development down significantly and causes reliability issues/firedrills. Management is serious about addressing it, so there is a silver lining, and you may get to rebuild some stuff from scratch, which is nice. That said, I don't think a day goes by without some production incident.

Continue reading

Discover more reviews about MediaMath.